10 Mb, 16 Seeds, 20 Peers and only 70 kB/s???

Carnifex

I have a 10 Mb cable in and out and I´m downloading a file that has 16 seeds and 20-23 peers and my download only peaks at 71 kB/s!!

I´m also downloading 2 other files (they peak at 50kB/s) so it should not couse any problems.

Does anyone have any tip to share? With my connection I should be able to download at atleast 1 Mb - 1.5 Mb/s and I only get a total of 150 - 175kB/s.

Thanks for any help that I get!

No DON'T try the xx/10mbit setting in Speed Guide (CTRL+G).

You almost certainly DON'T have 10 megabits/sec UPLOAD.

So what is your real upload max?

And what settings are you using in µTorrent, as seen by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Do note that it's not uncommon to get download speeds not much higher than upload speeds on torrents with fewer seeds than peers.

This is my result on the "Speed test" : 4250.05 KB downloaded in 13.13 seconds.

This gives a download speed of 2590 kbps or 323.72 kB/s

That is low on a connection that says it´s a 10MB download and 10MB upload!

Do you have any ideas why it performs that bad?

upload: 1120 upload slots: 25

Connections: 25 Connections (global): 800

Max active torrents: 10 Max active downloads: 10

With my connection I should be able to download at atleast 1 Mb - 1.5 Mb/s and I only get a total of 150 - 175kB/s.

Your speeds sound normal to me. Sounds like you are just getting your kilobits/kilobytes megabits/megabytes mixed up.

1 megabit = 128 kilobytes/sec

Sorry, I missed the part about "10 Mb cable in and out". :(

Here in the USA, and Canada, and UK, and Australia, and...well just about everywhere else, cable modems are so crippled on the upload side that it's a crying shame.

I've got 6 megabits/sec down and 384 kilobits/sec up...but I'm not sharing it with any other household.

Measure your upload speed...even if it's rated as 10 megabits/sec upload, chances are it's just as crippled as your current download speed measurement -- if not worse!

If the line is shared with someone who you cannot confirm usage, then you'll want to use at least slightly lower settings.

My guess is xx/2mbit or xx/1mbit should work fine.

Archived