µTorrent counts uploading torrents as downloading torrents.

Spunk

Hey all.

First thing I'd like to say is, I LOVE µTorrent! Beautiful BT client, really!

There's just óne thing that bothers me.

For some reason µTorrent will count all uploading torrents towards the number of active downloading torrents.

As you can see in the picture below, µTorrent is set to keep 50 torrents active, uploading or downloading.

But when I set maximum number of active downloads to 3, for example, my downloading torrents will just queue.

When the maximum number of active downloads is set to 12, one torrent starts to download.

33004154116.jpg

33004161336-thumb.jpg

Notice that there are 11 torrents seeding in the picture. That means that µTorrent sees those 11 torrents as downloading, cause the max. number of downloads is set to 12.

It's not supposed to do this, right?

It's rather annoying cause I have to force some torrents for the queued torrents to start download, or change the number of active downloads every time I add or remove torrents.

Found the solution in http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2593

h0rnytoad1: I can't understand why the amount of downloading torrents would exceed the allowed number of downloads. That seems like a bug to me.

But the seeding tasks counted as downloading is because of the option "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks". So if you uncheck that option, it should work as expected.

So it's obviously not really a bug. It's strange though, but this fixes it. :)

Archived