Firon, please help me....

vdub2

It appears you are very in tune with how Utorrent works and I think you have even touched a few posts I have made about this problem. Can you think of any reason that after the 1.7.5 update I would not be able to get any torrents because "the target machine actively refused it" ?? I had no problems for over 3 months using Ut prior to 1.7.5 but now every torrent download gives me the same error. The "availability" bar goes red when I highlight the torrent and the arrow turns red. I have uninstalled Ut, removed firewall rules and router setting to forward the port then rebooted the pc and reinstalled Ut, readded firewall and router settings with new port # but get the same results. I even tried using the old port # that was previously working. My ISP did not change (SBC) Router is the same (2wire wireless), I just dont get it. Even when I installed the older version I have the same problem. Please tell me it can be fixed and this is not a lost cause.... Thanks in advance.

It happens at that site as well. I have windows firewall as well as the built in firewall with the 2wire router. I have tried turning off the windows firewall and only using the integrated firewall in the router with the corresponding port forwarded. The port test in Ut shows the port open as does other independent port tests. I also tried downloading Bittorrent with the same results but since they are the same setup I expected that. I have also eliminated all other User defined applications thinking there might be some conflict. What do you think?

I am experiencing the very same problem here. I have tried to use my other p2p programs and can't get them to work either since the u torrent update. Everything was going just fine and dandy until the update. :(

I'm not much of a techie, so if you could please explain the solution in simple terms, I'd really appreciate it.

Ok, looks like my problems are gone, or so I hope. My issue was that the firmware on my router was malfunctioning according to AT&T but even after getting a new one I still couldn't get it working so here is what I did. I connected a laptop to the same router/modem (its an all-in-one) via ethernet cable and downloaded Ut and tried to get a torrent. Surprisingly it was working (extremely slow but...) so I figured the problems on my pc might be a virus of some kind. I then installed Kaspersky 7.0 and did a full scan. It found a few trojans and I deleted them. I also unistalled Tversity (only because it was the last thing I downloaded before the Ut update, it probably had nothing to do with it but what the heck...) after that Ut started working again. I can't be sure what the fix was but to anyone having this problem I would suggest running a deep scan for viruses.

Archived