problems with 1.2.2. (with proof)

a123

i am having slow and no download problem with version 1.2.2. (345)

according to this thread

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2749

i was suggested to try a open office torrent

so i add the torrent to utorrent

and at first, it loads smooth, and quickly max out 40+ KB / second, i am on a 512Kilobits download package (64 KB +-) but within 5 minutes or less, i see below graphic in utorrent speed diagram.

image15re.gif

image23lr.gif

second attempt to start

image37dg.gif

i wonder whats wrong

Yeah...unfortunately some ISP's are ahead of µTorrent and know all the tricks used to bypass their throttling. Basically there's not a lot you can do...maybe if you find out what ports your ISP uses for VoIP, NetMeeting etc. you can regain some of your lost speed back, but it's a cat and mouse game. :/

thanks firon and 1c3d0g. icedog?

i even received this on my dlink router

Tue Sep 13 20:25:31 2005 : WARNING : ATM VC Congested : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=35
Tue Sep 13 20:24:55 2005 : WARNING : ATM VC Congested : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=35
Tue Sep 13 20:21:44 2005 : WARNING : ATM VC Congested : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=35
Tue Sep 13 20:16:56 2005 : WARNING : ATM VC Congested : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=35

don't care about the date, the dlink router has a bug that (would not save the date) so unless u on it 24 hours, otherwise the date won't be correct.

a123, you should try finding out what ports your ISP prioritizes for Voice over IP, Xbox Live, NetMeeting, and other services like that. Then try using them.

hi, thanks Firon,

i am from .my country, no xbox live here.

i think my f*($# isp use different server to catter those voip, netmeeting needs.

just the moment i wrote this, i got another graph.

image36rj.gif

even if i call them, nothign would happend, coz they r notorious for their suc**** customer service.

i know nobody could help me. when you are poor, you couldn't do anything.

Mmm..I don't think you're being throttled. That's a problem on the ISP end. Most likely, it's the ISP grossly overselling service. Call your ISP and bring up the issue to them.

Specifically, you should mention the "ATM VC Congested : Interface - aal5-0, PortId=7, Vpi=0, Vci=35" errors.

It almost certainly means that your exchange is overloaded.

a key phrase to use to search for information relating to "ATM VC Congested" errors is "contention ratio".

The bad link that I was on had a contention ratio over 250:1......

You can also try this if you have a modem and a router...

"So i set the modem into bridge mode, used the router for my PPPoE logging in and whatnot, and voila - problem solved!! The connection has been running brilliantly since then, not a single drop-out, awesome-fast downloads with simultaneous awesome-fast browsing... I'm in 1500k ADSL heaven. Guess the AAPT crew aren't so bad afterall :P"

i am having such problem since last 2 weeks. apparently, this ISP is using some strategy to cope with the BT bandwidth. well, is it my fault for usign BT? but hey. i sign up for 512kb download package, whether i download or not and how i use it, that is my problem, ur duty is to provide me what you already claimed in your package.

That's why I think it's not throttling, it seems like it's your exchange that's overloaded. They probably took on more customers than they could handle in your area. That, or some of their equipment is damaged or something. Call them and mention the VC congestion errors, and that it halts your internet every time it happens (don't mention that you use P2P).

Archived