Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ares

Torrent Error: Element not found.

Out of curiosity, was this issue found/fixed? I haven't seen anything in the changelogs or in the mantis bug tracking regarding this and I'd like to turn compact_allocation back on. :)

I had the error twice. Then it never showed up again and the file downloaded successfully. I didn't change a thing.

Many of the recommendations here didn't help others on the list, so I didn't implement any of them. I simply restarted the torrent after the error popped up.

I run the most recent copy of uTorrent with its default settings, e.g., compact_allocation is set to false.

"Element Not Found" is still appearing with 1.4.1.413 Beta as well.

At the very least, it would be nice if when it happened uTorrent would re-check the file and resume downloading again rather than stopping the torrent and making us do it manually.

I don't want to turn off compact allocation.

That's not a solution. A solution would be fixing the problem.

Use sparse files. And if you don't want to turn it off, that's too bad, the option doesn't work right, and it never has. It's only in there for testing purposes.

Then you should have said that in the first place.

I found out on my own that the sparse files option would do what I needed, once I read that it doesn't actually take up all that space on disk, even though it says it is.

Hi, first time poster, not a long time user.

Been using Utorrent for about 1 - 2 months noew and in the beggining was using it with Windows 2000 no problems, I changed to Windows XP about 4 days ago and today I got this error (Element not found) about 3 or 4 times. It occurred in different torrents from different trackers and I have never had compact.allocation on as I never changed it and I just checked it is set to false.

I am using latest official version (1.4). What happens is the torrent is said to be finished downloading, it goes into seeding mode and then while I am seeding it gives me the error (Because not all files were really seeded), so forcing a re-check will show that there're missing files and allow me to finish the torrent.

Hope someone can fix that problem.

Best Regards

NooK

I got the same error message a few times with beta 1.4.2 build 432 with compact_allocation off, i've set sparse_files to true but i still get the message every 5 minutes.

I'm still getting this error with 1.6.1.

I have never turned compact_allocation on and have made sure it was set to false.

I have tried setting diskio.coalesce_writes to "false"

I have tried setting sparse files to true

I have tried both at once

None of this is working.

It was working fine before. I downloaded 400MBs worth of the files in the torrent over several sessions, and now it won't go for more than 20 seconds without coming up with "Element not found".

Mm. Try clearing the settings (deleting/moving settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\uTorrent) and reconfiguring everything.

I'd like to submit that Firon's suggested fix on page 1 worked for me.

I usually get this error when after downloading a torrent, I delete a file or something and subsequently continue seeding.

Today, one of the files in the torrent got deleted by accident and I didn't want to download it again (since I was about a day away from deleting the whole thing anyway). I tried setting that file to "don't download" and seeding the rest, but got the error. I just did a recheck as per Firon's instructions (which make sense from a programming standpoint), and it worked fine, allowing me to get it from 0.902 to 1.000. :)

I just got this error in 1.7.5.

Compact Allocation is off.

First time in a Total Running Time: 11814:51:57 and 468 starts I've ever had this.

Short filenames for both the files in the torrent and the torrent it's self.

H:\Utilities\uTorrent\Torrents\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.torrent

eg.

and

H:\xx\xxxxxx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi.!ut

Not a network drive, just a plain old NTFS partition on vista RTM.

edit: 3 times now in about 10 minutes.

edit2: forcing a recheck and restarting uTorrent to see if it help...

edit3: That seems to have worked.

i´m getting the same error message since i started using the 1.8 alfa version. no probs with the 1.7.6 though.

it´s happened a few times now (on different torrents). what i find strange is that it happened to a torrent that was completed, i was just seeding it at the time...?

i was seeding the same file on another tracker, at the same time, and that ´torrent is working just fine.

I've gotten it several times with 7928. Ive just started noticing this and did some searches and found this thread, never noticed it before testing 1.8.

No special settings, compact allocation is set to false, if that even matters.

Could you read the most recent.. um 40 or so?? posts in the 1.8 development thread. Also posting there with relevant log messages to let the devs know you wish to help resolve this would be much appreciated.

Please please PLEASE include the requested settings and OS version when posting logfiles :D

Possible workaround?

I experienced this problem also (v1.7.7) on 2 separate torrents at the same time. I couldn't go more than 20 secs without it falling over and showing the 'Element not found' message.

I right clicked on the affected torrents and selected 'Force Re-Check', the torrents have now been running perfectly for the past 24 hours without any issues... Hope it helps