Error: Not enough quota available...

lowprofile

• 5 months later...

Wooooaahhh... hold on a min... its nothing todo with the DISK QUOTA in microsoft..

I am experiencing the same problem..... its a little balloon that pops up in the bottom right.. Then what happens is when you look in uTorrent, one of your files will have an error by the side of it.

Some one please spread a little light on this for us..

To be honest... i thought it was a ram issue to start with because my system turned real sluggish.. which is abnorm.., i have done all checks on system, but it only pops up now and again.

I have 50gig free, its a64bit machine, clean install of xp just for torrenting and seeding, please note that i have experienced this problem aswell on my linux machine that runs xp mce throuh VPC.... it just seems intermittent...

someone please shed some light..

Ok on both my laptop and my linux/VM xp, im running AVG for viruses only, and zonealarm for firewall only.

The bubble that pops up is sent from utorrent.exe..

What i will do, the next time that i see the bubble pop up i will prntscreen and post a link for you all to see.

I can assure you its not the diskquota error bubble though, i have seen that one before and when you click the bubble it tells you more information, but the one from utorrent does not, it just dissapears like the one that says you have finished downloading the file.

Im thinking it could be a resource of Ram problem now though the more i think about it, im going to reboot the linux in a mo and run minimal mode, then fire up vm and run max ram and see what happens then. As for my laptop theres not alot i can do there, as its a turion64 2ghz with a gig a ram.... maybe look into the pagefile and do some tweaking...

• 1 year later...

I have an old HP computer running the latest version, with no 3rd party firewall software installed, and I intermittently get the same error.

Edit: It is a memory issue. Apparently people have fixed it short term by increasing the paging file size. Also explains why rebooting fixes it... for a while. Not sure that it isn't a utorrent issue though. I don't have the time to go back through and prove it through process of elimination, nor do I have the knowledge to do it any other way, but to me this seems to point to a memory leak in utorrent. I never had the problem before utorrent was installed, and still don't unless I leave it on for an extended period of time.

• 2 years later...

I realize I'm reviving a long dead thread but I wanted to post the solution I found to this issue today in case others come across it. First I'll explain the situation as it happened for me.

I got the "Not enough quota" message for seemingly random torrents. Some torrents would download fine but others would have this error message pop up constantly. I use a mapped network drive as my download location since my system drive is very small. I noticed that the message popped up despite my system drive having more than enough space for the entire torrent and the network drive had over 3 TB free.

Still, everything I found online reported this as being a system error and NOT a utorrent error (even though I only saw it in utorrent). After a lot of digging and debugging using WinDirStat and SpaceSniffer I determined that the C:\Windows\CSC folder was about 15 GB in size. This folder is used for caching offline files (which I need because "My Documents" is also stored on the network drive). After reinitializing the cache as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230738 the (I used the "Fix it for me" option) the "Not enough quota" error message went away for me.

I hope this helps someone so they don't need to dig for hours like I did.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting this same error for about 2 weeks, and have been restarting the machine every few hours. I just reset my page file to let the system manage it instead of a fixed size, as well as resetting the offline cache using the fix described above. I hope it is actually "fixed". We'll see.

• 1 month later...

Same error message, quota no enabled, plenty of disk space and memory. Previous posts were most helpful in my hypothesis that it was actual version of utorrent, which was the case for me. What really pushed me to that conclusion was utorrent refusal to do a forced check on torrents. Another possible contributing factor is the number of torrents being seeded.

Torrents run fine for 2-3 days then stop with "Error: Not enough quota available to process this command". A dedicated computer is used so uTorrent is the only application running. There is 100Gb of free disc space and swap file size has been increased from 2 to 4Gb. There are no quota limits on any user (I am the only user!)

A reboot clears the problem - for a few days - so this is definitely a memory creep problem.

Running uTorrent 3.1.2 (build 26763) (32 bit) on Windows Xp, but the error initially occurred on 3.0. I ran various versions of uTorrent 2.x for 8 months on this computer without problems so it seems to have been caused by a change in 3.x

well i use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86 and have this error i uninstalled KIS2011 and i haven't had problem my pc has run for fine for 2days, 13hours and 13mins now, before i got this like randomly in matters of 24hours i rebooted and the problems was sometime again (max 24hours).

so i guess KIS2011 has a bug somewhere been thinking about trying out KIS2012 instead, and i also tried to reinstall my Windows 7 didn't work.

*EDIT*

it was short lived, uptime of 2days and 14hours and i got it again, and after a reboot it's all fine :/

Archived