Ports forwarded Properly then suddenly not?

ordinator2008

I have been downloading and uploading successfully for weeks but recently I've had a slowdown. I tested my port using the Utorrent port checker only to dicsover that my port was not forwarded properly. So, I forwarded a new port, tested it and got the port opened message. My speeds were pretty good again. Within minutes I started loosing connections, so once again I tested the port and am getting the error message again.

running widows vista

router: D-Link DI-604

Norton Internet Security ( With Utorrent set to allow)

Green circle at botom of utorrent allways

cable internet connection

I'm uploading at 49 kB/s

Downloading at 10 - 15 kB/s

-I had been acheiving some downlaods much higher than 49 kB/s

now,

on a lage download of 2.41 GB I'm showing seeds 2(136) and peers 7(345)

on a small download of 348 GB I/m showing seeds 5(121) and peers 4(101)

- I had been connecting to 10 -20 peers on files with fewer seeds previously

The only thing that I've done that might have had some effect was removing some torrents + data due to my disc space limitations, but all my files have really high share ratios.

Well, thats basically it, is there something i'm not gettin?

I'm having the EXACT same problem. I've forwarded the port that I'm using but occasionally when I test it's reported as blocked. I've setup a static ip. Most of the time it passes though. My speeds are pure crap... though I attrubute that to my isp blocking traffic, but I could be wrong, as I set up a random port, so I don't know how they know what I'm downloading.

Yes, I have set a static IP, but I do not have utorrent use a random port (should I? if so how do you port forward on the router if utorrent is using a random port?)

Also how do ISPs block P2P? I'm using shaw cable in Cananda and I have read mumblings about them blocking P2Ps. How do they do that? How can I get around it?

This sounds like a logical cause of my issue coz when I forward a new port and test it it shows opened - but minutes later it's not, and my ports were fine for weeks. In fact I managed to download about 80Gb in the last month - ya think my ISP took notice?

Archived