Program not responding

chris40

Hi all,

I am getting a lot of program not responding warnings but if I do nothing on computer it will correct itself. I have a dual 2.13 cpu with 1 gig of ram. I am running win xp pro with sp2 and all updates. I am using Panda antivirus. I have about 1 meg upload and 2 megs download on my wireless connection. When the program runs I have no connection issues, downloads and uploads are fine. uTorrent seems to slow my computer right down and if I dare do anything else while uTorrent is running it will stop and say not responding. Any ideas? If you need more info just let me know as I am new to this.

Thankyou for your time and help with my problem.

Turning off my firewall made no difference at all. I gave permission for Utorrent to have both inbound and outbound access though the firewall. Everything on my computer works fine when Utorrent is not running. I did the port forwarding manually though my router. Utorrent works great as long as I do nothing else on my computer while it is running. If I do use computer, Utorrent will stop responding but if left alone usually starts running again on it's own

Hope this answers all your questions and thanks again for your help.

For some reason, Panda and the newer versions of Utorrent don't like each other. Panda is putting Utorrent's "C:\Recycler" list into a "dangerous" catagory.

All of Utorrent's torrents are listed under the Recycler file....so, Panda is blocking the entire file or when you do a scan it is RENAMING the file.

I just upgraded to Panda Internet Security 2008, in that version go scan. That is; click on the scan icon. This will take you to a page where there is a "settings" bar. Click this open and click the exclusions tab. Once you are there, add the Recycler file to the excluded directories.....this should allow Utorrent to operate normally from there on.

Archived