User for a day, and already a rule breaker...

bashbabe

Hello all!

"I'm new." Please don't hold it against me. :-)

Actually, I am very new, but I've been digesting anything and everything I can get my hands on to learn this new world...

One question for any of you super experienced folks out there. I've inadvertently done a "no no" without realizing it.

I downloaded Bittorrent client yesterday and downloaded my first two files. Then, a friend of mine (who got me started in all this) suggested that uTorrent was far better. So, I switched. So far, so good.

Here's where I messed up: I had these two files, which were obviously not my own creations. Once I got into uTorrent, I decided to try out the "make a torrent" function, and in the spirit of sharing the two files I already had (I know it's good to be a seeder), I created torrents with them and began seeding. But from reading here, it's a "no no" to take a download, and create it again like it's yours and seed with it!

I honestly did not know when I did it. So, should I immediately take down my two seeding files? Or do you think it would be OK to keep them going for others to benefit? I really don't want to screw up my reputation before I even have one.

Thanks!

BB

Archived