whats the future of utorrent?

crz_06

what happens when utorrent is final?. Have the authors made any plans for this awsome programme for the future. Ofcourse they are not spending so much time developing this for the glory we give them, they have to urn some money aswell. Will they add adds to make some profit, or will we have to pay a small fee?. Any thoughts on this. Or maybe the question is more general: why did they started making this program

well that might be so, if your talking about opensource, but in my experience if someone offers me free beers he wants something in return. But if they really are just doing it for the fun of it, then that is very nobel of them.

(I'm not flaming here (just to get this clear), but i've heard some rumors that are going around on some blogs that some torrent clients now being developed, and sone to be released are actually made by the movie/audio companies, so they can collect IP-adress of heavy seeders, and use this info for later law cases. How about that :( )

I don't think we need to get into this conversation about open source again... =T

As for planned features, isn't there a thread about upcoming features? Although it's not very detailed/up-to-date, it does provide some idea of the general roadmap.

@crz_06: I'm sorry that you view the world in that way. There are genuinely good people out there who share what they have with others. If you want to know more about why ludde and vurlix decided to create µTorrent, read the interview.

Archived