Cant seem to download RSS feed data

ched999uk

I'm having the same problem... the feeds worked fine in the older version, but after I upgraded, I never see anything in the list. Every now and then I'll see some torrents have downloaded, but never see anything in the feeds list. When I hit "update", no error comes up either.

ishmale423: It did seem to work at a point late last night but today its terrible. My download speed is only about 30K normally 300K!!! I am thinking it might be an ISP issue. I am with Tiscali in the UK and I am wondering if they are restricting P2P... I will post if I find an answer to RSS and my slow download speed.

Cheers.

I emailed Tiscali and received a standard answer:

"As you are aware that Peer-to-peer is a type of Internet network allowing a group of computer users with the same networking program to connect with each other for the purposes of directly accessing files from one another's hard drives; so if more users are logged in to the network, the speed at your end will automatically be slow, or you are unable to connect at all, even if the Internet connection is fast. Hence, we do not recommend use of any peer to peer programs."

I have replied stating that while what they say is correct but they are limiting torrent downloads. Needless to say they havent replied yet.

Might be time to change ISP. But who else does 2Mb+ with all day, evening and weekend phone calls for £18.00 a month????

Actually, the nature of BitTorrent is a downloader "accelerator" method. It is NOT a general-purpose file-sharing network, as they're talking about. So for it, having LOTS of peers+seeds actually does speed up downloads (on average) for individual users...simply because more and more end up seeds that help you out further because they haven't STOPPED the torrent.

Archived