utorrent stopped working (Dynamic IP problems?)

opeeum60

Hello, I use comcast, and utorrent has been working fine for me forever; but it stopped working today (all download attempts produce red arrows and nothing downloads).

Comcast changed my ip address today (I think my ip address has always been dynamicly assigned, but it's really been 'static' since my comcast hasn't reassigned my ip address for months), and I think this must be the cause. Is there anyway to tell utorrent to link up to the right ip address?

I see the reply to a similar "red arrow" problem was to try the openoffice torrent file. That file does download fine on utorrent, but my peers, all 3 of them, are all russian.., and there's only 3 of them (the pity, sniff sniff =)); b4 there were so many peers and from so many countries on most torrents that I downloaded.

Other stats: 1. DHT: 269 nodes (on the openoffice torrent I'm testing with, which is pretty meaningless since i get only 3 seeds, 3 peers)

2. Yellow exclamation marked triangle on bottom panel that says, on mouse over: "no incoming connections"

3. Not sure how to work with routers, never had to do it the first time I set up uTorrent, I just have a small flat black box comcast gave me, I don't think they gave me software that can significantly tweak anything

4. Common error I saw in log when there's an incoming connection: "Can't sync DH3", not sure if this helps

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

Just FYI, Comcast messes around with BitTorrent traffic. That said, the red arrow problems (in general) shouldn't have anything to do with a changed WAN IP (besides some private trackers). Check the first link in my signature regarding interrupted connections.

Now Bittorent works fine after attempting to download the openoffice torrent, that torrent seemed to jump start Bittorent for all the other torrents that I subsequently tried to download.

uTorrent is still dead, and I like its logo better in the sys tray, any information about my system that I should provide to help get uTorrent working again? Thanks.

Archived