IP Filter?

caf4926

okay so im totally lost. so ipfilter.dat is a text file i have to get? and then i went to options/advanced and it was a list of things that im not supposed to modify...

okay so i went to the b.i.s.s. site and tried to download ipfilter.dat and i got the ext file..but then a window popped up from microsoft asking me iof i agree or disagree to the "end user licesne agreement" what is that? it showed up as soon as i opened the ipfilter txt...

Create a text file in notepad, toss in a list of 'bad' ip ranges, save that text file.

Rename it to ipfilter.dat and put it in the same folder as µTorrent's other .dat files...and it should work.

Alot of the time, you can figure out the bad ip ranges yourself on even a single poisoned or fake torrent.

Barring that, I just block the entire 38.x.x.x block. :lol:

That's done with this range:

38.0.0.0-38.255.255.255

youre going to hat eme...okay i downloaded a whole list from blutack and its saved in my notepad..when you say rename it to ipfilter.dat i dont know what you mean or how to do that..and where would i find utorrents other .dat files...

seriously uim not trying to be a pain im just relatively new to this and am not totally caught up on all the terms and fucntions of my pc...

okay so i opened notepad and renamed the ipfilter.txt file "ipfilter.dat " and resaved it to my notepad.....now i cant find where the other .dat files are in utorrent..

.i swear to you im not retarded...im just not familliar with these applications yet..but thank you so much fopr helping me out

Archived