Hiding ISP and Country

colostomybag

The IP just doesn't have a reverse DNS lookup entry. Not knowing the DNS lookup doesn't mean you can't figure their country out; you can, in many cases, still run a whois on the IP and get that information. Your very own IP behaves in that way. I can't seem to get a reverse DNS lookup on your IP, but I can still figure out that you're from Australia.

Software will not help ANY in hiding your ip on µTorrent.

When you download a torrent, you connect to a TRACKER...it TRACKS your ip, handing that ip out to whoever connects to that tracker.

Were you faking an ip, then nobody would connect with you and you wouldn't get the torrent at all.

A full proxy works only because you're connecting to the tracker and connecting to other peers/seeds THROUGH the proxy's ip. The tracker and peers/seeds see the proxy's ip, not yours, in that case.

The IP just doesn't have a reverse DNS lookup entry. Not knowing the DNS lookup doesn't mean you can't figure their country out; you can, in many cases, still run a whois on the IP and get that information. Your very own IP behaves in that way. I can't seem to get a reverse DNS lookup on your IP, but I can still figure out that you're from Australia.

Thanks from the land down under. Are there reliable/fast proxies out there to use and what are they?

Archived