Detail box staying visible when you stop a torrent

zcjtt95

How about having the details box still visible after you've stopped the torrent. This is soooo irritiating. You stop a torrent in the active window and plan to make a change, rehash etc, and you havew to go and find it in the ALL window, which normally means rearranging the columns.

And why are stopped transfers in the downloading section. I would say a stopped download is not downloading.

The bottom half of the screen with all the tabs. If you highlight a torrent it tells you details about tracker, names of files etc. But when you stop the torrent the details disappear and you have to trawl through the ALL section to find it again. When the totrrent name begins with a different alphabet letter than it should do (like 'jPamela anderson'), this is a herculian task.

There is defintely a situation where you would want to stop a torrent and resume it 2 minutes later, for example, after reviewing the information, or allowing a very small torrent to complete beforehand.

I can't confirm the problem. I just set the category to view active torrents, clicked one of the torrents, then stopped it. Sure, it disappeared from the Active list, but the details didn't disappear form the detailed info pane.

If disappearing from the Active category is the problem, then you might want to rethink what the Active category is for in the first place.

quote: If disappearing from the Active category is the problem, then you might want to rethink what the Active category is for in the first place.

This is the problem. Its fine for the torrent to move place but it isnt fine for the detail pane to disappear from view as well. You have to go to All category to call up the details again. A bug IMHO.

Again, you need to rethink what the Active category is for. If you stop a torrent, you can't seriously be telling us that µTorrent should continue to consider it as active, can you? Active is the exact opposite of stopped. The categories are dynamic in nature, and rightfully so, as they're real-time display filters. This is not a bug.

When i stop it, i agree it should become 'inactive' and enter ALL category. Sorry I just would like the display filter to remain in front of me. I know its a question of program design and peoples time but the details pane should be there until and only uintil you click on another torrent. Its not a bug ok but an annoyance it is. Hope you follow.

I'm not really sure why you keep bringing the detailed info pane up, since (as I've already indicated) it doesn't disappear, nor does it get cleared when the torrent job disappears from the listview due to filter restrictions.

Honestly, it's hard just to follow whether you're referring to the torrent list, or the detailed info pane.

Start again, sorry its my explanation. The pane with 'general, peers, pieces, files, speed logger tabs' disappears from "immediate" view when you stop download in the ACTIVE category. To see this pane once again, one needs to go to ALL category and find torrent in the ALL list (which is often tricky as original seeders give their torrents odd names and the list in ALL can be quite long). This should be 100% clear to follow now but sorry for confusion before.

Now Im not suggesting for 1 minute that ACTIVE criteria needs changing. The torrent in list should rightly switch window. Just instead that the pane above not disappear until you move to a different torrent.

As I say, stopping a download and still wanting to see the pane (i.e. tab details) must be quite a common wish. One doesnt want to scan down a long list of files to find the torrent again just to change the priority of a download, examine the tracker etc.

If what you heard was that 1.7.x has ads, and that's what's keeping you from using it, then you've been believing a lie. It amuses me how much the tinfoil-hatters have distorted the rumors (that were always false to begin with anyway), but what else one expect of them?

µTorrent does not contain ads, nor does it spy on its users, so just ignore those outright lies if you've come across any.

Wt? Why the blazes can't people be bothered to check out the latest version for themselves rather than believing morons who seem to have nothing better to do with their time? All it takes is 1 minute of your life to download uTorrent, run it and check if there are any ads to be seen. :mad:

Archived