Kaspersky Internet Security 7/Linksys WRT54G Router

BioHzrd

Ive just started usung uTorrent and im having problems with it, ive used the Portforwarding website to get my router set up and ive put the same settings in my firewall by creating new application rules for uTorrent with the port 17560 and then 6881 to 6999 yet i can not get the "green Tick" to appear as its still sitting yellow :/ some help would be great

Kaspersky Version 7 im using

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 17560 on 62.31.15.104...

Error! Port 17560 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

Only the 1 incoming port mentioned in your µTorrent setup should be forwarded for µTorrent...so if you use 17560 in µTorrent, that's all you need to forward on your router. Having 6881 still forwarded may leave your computer (more) open to security holes...or at least let outside "pingers" recognize that a computer is there.

Archived