Size Increasing or Decreasing

JRaspass

Just wondering how big the file size of utorrent has been in the past and wether its increasing or decreasing. Obviously by adding new features the file size will go up, but I was wondering if there are any ongoing attempts to keep it slim and maybe even reduce it furthur.

Even with slight increases to filesize it would be a very long time before it took over anouther bit torrent client in size but its still nice to keep it small, so to that extent I was wondering wether some of the optional extras (ie the sound played in the about dialog) could be removed or could a lite version be released.

Most of the extras use very little space. The animation and sound in the about box is generated on the fly and the code for it takes very little space. That said, it could be funny to see how small we could make it by stripping out features... But it wouldn't be worth it, really.

Or....just design a sort of "plugin" system for uTorrent? So, people can keep a "stripped down" client, and if they want peerguardian/safepeer type filtering, global bandwidth limits, schedules, etc, they could download separate plugins? :)

That could keep the size down quite a bit.

Or....just design a sort of "plugin" system for uTorrent? So, people can keep a "stripped down" client, and if they want peerguardian/safepeer type filtering, global bandwidth limits, schedules, etc, they could download separate plugins? :)

Yer that has my vote, some of the best softwae out there uses plugins - take firefox for example.

I 3rd that.

Archived