ports/firewalls

dapimpstress

My friend downloaded this thing for me and I don't get it at all! It says I don't have any open ports for others to connect to me so I went to the open port thingie, read it and the guy talks complete gibberish to me. How do I open a port, how do I know what program I'm trying to forward...etc... It also says error with my windows firewall. I'm trying to get firewalls!! I had to reformat my harddrive so all that crap was erased. All I want is antivirus and firewall protection!!

my utorrent always indicates an esclamation symbol at the middle buttom part of it. when i mouse over on it, it says that "No incoming connections. Unless the icon turns green, it could indicate a problem with your network configuration."

what do i have to do with this thing? please advise....

like a few other people i am having problems with my ports my isp says before i can have ports opened i need to know what ports utorrent use , so i told him what port and he said there should br more than one , so now i am stuck as there is only space in preferences for one port entry , i bought pfconfig and it opened the port that was designated in preferences and there has been no change , i am at my wits end please help ,

Archived