DHT Problems (Slow D/L and Extremely Slow U/L)

MysticGolem

Hi, I have been using Utorrent for a long time, I currently have the latest version, 1.7.5.

I am having problems with my DHT. I read through the stick above regarding DHT, but that information is 1 year old.

I searched for other threads pertaining to this issue, and it stated I should download OneNote, and I did that.

For that particular torrent, the DHT stated = Announce in 18 mins (got 180 peers)

Does that mean everything is good for that particular torrent?

Because all my other torrents the DHT = Not Allowed.

Now my download speeds are rediculously slow and even worse my ratio is dropping because torrents barely even upload anymore.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? How to rectify this DHT problem.

Thanks,

MysticGolem

I never had DHT problems or slow download or upload problems with my trackers. But all of sudden once I upgraded to 1.7.5 things changed.

My router setup is, DMZ on, I have utorrent portforwarded with both TCP and UDP. This is the same setup I have always had.

I can't think of why its all slow and my ratio is taking a beating :S

Thanks,

MysticGolem

If you have port forwarded, you NEED to turn DMZ off...as in strange cases the 2 features can even conflict. They both should be doing the same thing, although DMZ is doing too much more.

So unless you have to have DMZ for some other purpose, you really should disable it...for security reasons.

If you need DMZ, try disabling your port forwarding and see if µTorrent still runs fine.

Archived