Uninstalling Utorrent Onto A Hard Drive

Bramwell

I have a 40gb hard drive computer and when I tried to use Utorrent it said that there is not enough space in Local Drive C (My 40gb hard drive) to use it for its intended purpose.

I have a Seagate 320GB Hard drive which I can use. What I need to know is to I have to completly uninstall the utorrent and start it up again (portforwarding & speed testing etc) or can I just save it onto my Seagate Hard drive with any files on there still in tact.

Ypur help would be appreciated. I have a dell computer and Windows XP

Not enough space for what purpose? Utorrent needs about 1 MB (that's megabyte) of disk space. You are probably trying to download something that won't fit into your C drive; set your download location to your external drive and you should be fine.

In any case if you want to uninstall/move utorrent all you have to do is (re)move the executable (utorrent.exe) and then the application data, located at %AppData%\utorrent. (%AppData% is a variable pointing to c:\Documents and settings\yourusername\Application Data\) Dump the executable and all files in %AppData%\utorrent in a folder and that should work.

Archived