All my torrents tasks disappeared after an incorrect pc stop !

Thunder

Provide a screenshot, and we'll decide how useful it is :|

Edit: But I just realized you said it occurred after an improper PC stop (shutdown?)... in which case, the resume.dat file probably got corrupted. So you're probably going to have to reload the .torrent files from %appdata%\uTorrent.

I have had a similar problem to Thunder. But my PC is shutdown properly.

Thunder, when you go back on to utorrent do you get a pop-up utorrent window kinda suggesting that you specify your access speed in order to optimise performance?

I don't know the solution to this yet, but it is a nuisance.

Win XP, AOL, uTorrent 1.7.5

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem since last friday (12-28), my computer was shutdown properly but the next time i started µtorrent (i didn't add nor delete any torrent) everything on the tasks window was gone. I can still see in the left bar the amount of things i'm downloading, the ones completed, active or inactive, i can see the speed to wich µtorrent is downloading and uploading, that means everything is working fine except that i cannot see the torrents individual status.

I have closed µtorrent manually and restarted it, and the problem continues, I have closed µtorrent manually, restarted my computer, and started µtorrent manually and the problem is still there.

I still don't know what may be the cause, i have tried with the preferences but nothing seems to work... any suggestion is welcome...

BTW, I'm using vista, and µtorrent 1.7.5.

I think you are misunderstanding. I have all of my files, but when the "incident" happened the Utorrent data which says this goes here and there was corrupted so I have

re associate files to there respective drives. Now I have to reconstruct my little layout. Data fine... locations not so much.

I meant "I backup the uTorrent settings directory regularly when I have shut down uTorrent and it has worked fine." I didn't mean backup all the files that were being downloaded or had been downloaded (that's a different issue altogether).

A regular settings backup would have saved you much grief as I see it.

No, thank heavens it never happens on a regular basis! In fact, it's never happened to me yet but it helps to be a bit paranoid, eh? No use crying over spilt milk as they say...

Re. the cause, well the incorrect PC stop probably came at an inopportune time for you when uTorrent was saving its settings, and they got corrupted as a result. Can't be helped I guess, unless it was a power failure, in which case a UPS comes in handy.

Archived