Prioritize most complete files

Bytec

As far as I know µTorrent puts a priority to the first and the last piece of every file.

Azureus have a feature to prioritize most complete file, but decision is made by "done percentage" not "count of remaining bytes". :(

I would be wery happy if µTorrent put a higher priority to those files where "count of remaining bytes" is less, so I have 100% of file sooner.

P.S. Sorry for my english. Not my native language.

hmm I'm definitely for an option to download the most complete but i'm not too sure about the remaining bytes part. It would be cool to have an option to download the most complete or download the smallest most complete file.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Download the smallest files first. So if I have 2 files and both of them are 83% complete, but remaining part of file1 is 2MB, but remaining part of file2 is 512KB then file2 gets higher priority.

• 1 month later...

I like the way it is done in eMulePlus, you can autoprio the task depending on number of sources. I guess it is better to do the same for uTorrent with only 1 change, number of complete sources i.e. seeds. For example assign

Low for seeds > 15

Normal for > 5 and < 15

High for seeds < 5

In eMulePlus it is tunable.

• 2 months later...
That's exactly what I'm saying. Download the smallest files first. So if I have 2 files and both of them are 83% complete, but remaining part of file1 is 2MB, but remaining part of file2 is 512KB then file2 gets higher priority.

so if you are downloading a big torrent from a slow source, you will get it ... like ... never?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll add my voice to this, a quick way to give priority to torrents sorted by the amount remaining would be really handy.

(maybe with an option to make it consider the number of seeds in the priority weighting)

If i want to pull down a realitivly small file i would rather it be done and out of the d/l list and into the seeding list sooner (and i can use it sooner) then it being stuck behind large files which may have days/gb's remaining

Archived