New Zealander needing help..

nismonz

Hey,

So i have a 3mbit down 128k up connection (shit upload i know) in New Zealand... i tend to get speeds round 30-40kbs all day round off utorrent... wat are my optimum connection to peers seeds (should i do an american speed test to set theses)? is tcp optmisered helpful if u are outside of America? i hav port fowarded and had a play round with some of the settings but i cant quite get it right help please

thanks

nismo

Just go with xx/128 settings in speed guide (CTRL+G) and make sure have port opened and... you're done.

30-40kBYTES/s of download (not kilobits/s as you've written) with such small upload is not a bad result. Of course if you're lucky and the torrent is well seeded you can have whole 384kB/s but don't count for it everytime. And on poorly seeded torrent you can sometimes hardly get what you give (that is ca 10kB/s in your case)

I am on 1.5Mbit down and 128Kb up in NZ. My experience is this: keep my conns as low as 30 per torrent and only have max 2 torrents running and upload max 8.

If my peers are primarily from US I get fabulous DL speeds (during the night 40-50); if they're from Europe it's less good (max 30 during the night).

I am going to try out VPN to Relakks now for the daytime hrs while my ISP throttles highly. I reckon I can get a permanent 20-25KB on VPN. During the night, that VPN won't help me because due to latency the NZ-Sweden connection will be slower than what my ISP allows.

Archived