Some torrents cause VSMON.EXE error & Crash

CS5

Occasionaly a torrent and I can provide specifics for recreation purposes will cause error's in Zone Alarm Security Suite's VSMON.exe. They are memory related error's and happen ONLY on specific torrents as I have mentioned. Has anyone else experienced this or found a remedy. I have dumped Memory Logs, DHT, and IP logs for all errors, and am able to recreate this issue anytime. I have posted this on ZA site also to spread the word and hopefully they can figure it out also. I will create a pastebin with all relevant info if need be. This is a major issue to me as it is antivirus scanning which is affected. Is this a flaw someone has found and abused? Is there a fix? Any info that anyone can provide would be appreciated. TY.

So far I have been both a software and beta tester for about 6 years, and out of the 10 different firewall and antivirus solutions I have used Zone Alarm has been the best. It not only finds the majority of infections it hasn't had any other problems than this one. Any suggestions though on what you believe is good. I am always open to suggestions and I would try it if I havent already.

It is not the firewall that is crashing though, but ty for the suggestions, I have used sygate and outpost and yes both are excellent, It is indeed the AV scanner that is crashing. I will follow up with your recommended reading though, TY.

Archived