Error: Access is denied.....tried it all.......

damon_dusk

I'm running Vista Home on a Core2 based system and have NEVER had OS problems or uTorrent problems until recently. I used to be able to download gigs and gigs of stuff every night while sleeping and never bumped into any problems, regardless of tracker, content, OS (running a Vista machine as well as an XP), uploader, etc.

A few weeks ago, 99.9% of everything I try to download gets a minute or two into the downloading process (or less) and throws me the Error: Access is denied message. I do not run OneCare, MSN/Google desktop, funky firewalls or overwhelming AV programs. I have disabled indexing on/in the folder I download into. My port forwarding is done correctly (show a green check) and my client settings are primo. I've made sure my download folder, as well as it's contents, is not marked as read-only. I am at a complete loss.

The real baffler here is the fact that I have had phenominal download experiences with utorrent from day one.....until now. I can't think of any changes to my system's hardware or software that might affect my downloads, yet I've always been able to bring down 10-20 indiscriminate gigs of info a day and now I cannot. Any takers on this one?

Forgot to mention: the most recent torrent I'm struggling with seems to continue on downloading without the error until the download speed begins to pick up. I'm not sure if that it's coincindence or what; I haven't compared the issue to other downloads yet. I just noticed a minute ago, though, that the torrent runs along for various amounts of time at almost no speed (1-15Kb/s) and then stops with the Access Denied error once it starts climbing and passes about 50Kb/s. I used to be able to run at around 300-500/s on each......

I've found the string of processes from the time I fired up utorrent until the time the Access Denied error popped up and there are several instances of searchindexer.exe appearing just before the last utorrent entry. I've saved the entire section in a text file if anyone is interested in seeing it. I won't post it here but I can email it.

Also, I figured it would be mentionworthy to note that I excluded my download folder from indexing, or at least I thought I did, so I'm not sure why Im seeing ZERO instances of the searchindexer.exe process for thousands and thousands of lines and then several while utorrent is running. Any thoughts?

kvaraleau

Member Re: Error "Access is Denied"Hello, Yet again I am having problems with UTorrent. When I try to download anything I get the Error Access Denied message. I have tried everythinng suggested on the help page.... except I don't know what flush files are or winzip quickfind so i couldnt do anything with that info. Also, I had this same problem on my last computer and it was solved by changing the folder that the downloads go to. I have tried the same on my new computer... files download to c:\users\katy\downloads . I am using Vista.... and have disabled indexing to the folder i am trying to download to.

HELP! I don't know what to do!

I had this same problem, recently corrected it by reverting the folder it downloads into, back to the original! Also, I wasnt getting the error on all files I wanted to download, for some reason it was just TV programs, and then only those that contained an .avi file. If I downloaded the version that was all .r00 .r01 etc, then I had no problems. I hope this helps some people, good luck!

Tried it all and nothing worked. After applying all FAQ and forum suggestions I was going nuts. I never gave up on Utorrent (although Azureus, BitSpirit, FoxTorrent etc. worked fine) and finally this worked for me:

* deleted all error torrents

* re-downloaded and re-added the same torrents

* upon re-adding these torrents, selected "Skip Hash Check"

Not sure why, but this was the only solution for me. Hope it helps.

Archived