Minor issue - Speed graph grid malformed

Iceman_B

Hey all,

I'm running µTorrent 1.7.5, 4602, on XP Pro.

I discovered that the grid for the download/upload speeds a bit malformed.

When you pick "1 second" 12 columns show up instead of 10.

When you pick "5 seconds" 10 columns show up instead of 12.

When you pick "30 seconds" 12 columns show up instead of 10.

When you pick "5 minutes" 10 columns show up instead of 12.

Respectively, the 4 options show "10 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes and 1 hour" in the footer.

Needless to say, this isn't quite correct.

Not a big issue but it looks kinda stupid if you ask me :)

Having twelve 10-second grids (totaling 120 seconds, or 2 whole minutes) makes much more sense than having the graph show ten 10-second grids (totaling 100 seconds, or 1 minute and 40 seconds).

Having twelve 5-minute grids show up (totaling 60 minutes, or 1 whole hour) makes much more sense than having the graph show ten 5-minute grids (totaling 50 minutes, or not a whole hour).

As for the 1-minute grid... Well, I prefer 10 minutes over 12 minutes, since it's a nicer round number when talking about minutes (though it doesn't really matter to me one way or another). Regarding the 1-hour grids, though, I agree that 12 hours is a nicer number than 10 hours.

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

I'm running µTorrent 1.7.5, 4602, on XP Pro.

I discovered that the grid for the download/upload speeds a bit malformed.

When you pick "1 second" 12 columns show up instead of 10.

When you pick "5 seconds" 10 columns show up instead of 12.

When you pick "30 seconds" 12 columns show up instead of 10.

When you pick "5 minutes" 10 columns show up instead of 12.

Respectively, the 4 options show "10 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes and 1 hour" in the footer.

Needless to say, this isn't quite correct.

Not a big issue but it looks kinda stupid if you ask me :)

How is this not correct? The "Grid: 10 seconds" label indicates the size of each column, not the size of the whole graph. So, the "1 second" option shows a graph with 12 "10 second" grid marks.

I don't see a bug here.

Indeed, if there's room they might even choose to add a (___ time total) or something that updates when you select the different time periods.

TBH I didn't even know what he was talking about prior to looking at the grid. I knew it made sense, nice round numbers: 2 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour, 12 hours ... But I guess that's due to always having that as the showing pane unless I'm looking at/editing running torrents.

Upon further consideration I was about to even make the blanket statement "the speed graph is always 120 units of whatever your scale is" and that the arbitrary vertical line groupings were for clarity of larger chunks of time. They were not meant to be consistent "markers".

Scale:  1 second     Grid: 10 seconds      Total: 2 minutes (10 x 12)
Scale: 5 seconds Grid: 1 minute Total: 10 minutes (12 x 10)
Scale: 30 seconds Grid: 5 minutes Total: 1 hour (10 x 12)
Scale: 5 minutes Grid: 1 hour Total: 10 hours (12 x 10)

Archived