Problems after upgrading Internet speed

Akhel

Hi there.

I recently upgraded my ADSL connection from 300Kbps to 1Mbps (500Kbps upload). However, my download speeds apparently got worse! Open Office, for example, now doesn't get past 15KBps, and it used to be around 30 or 40. I tried 3 other torrents and all of them are slower. FTP downloads go as fast as 100KBps, as expected. Upload speeds are working as expected too.

I have already reconfigured all the settings and read the guides - used the speed guide, disabled DHT and UPnP, set net.max_halfopen to 4 and enabled protocol encryption. The port I'm using for μT is forwarded properly. I'm running Windows XP SP2 with NOD32 and my modem/router is a D-Link DSL500G.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

what did you set your max upload to?

try the values of the xx/384Kb connection type in speed guide. does that make a difference?

The forwarding circle is green?

it sounds a bit as if you are on your ISP's "blacklist" for throtteling now, that you upgraded to this particular bandwidth.

the speed guide for xx/387kb uses lower upload speed than your 50KB. pls try exactly those values by clicking on "Use selected settings". Then restart utorrent to have a clean slate. Does that make a difference?

throtteling means, your ISP recognizes your P2P application and attempts to lower your amount of P2P traffic by using techniques like adding connection-resets to packets (thus reducing number of active connections) or delaying packet delivery (thus slowing down speed in general).

Archived