"Error accessing files" on re-starting Utorrent

Jetta

Hi, I have just joined the forum

Recently I've been getting this error message a lot: for example, last night a download finished; later I switched my computer off. This morning I re-started utorrent and the completed download (although it's there in the Downloads folder) had an error message, something like "error retrieving files". If I want to seed this I'll now have to create a torrent (not sure how to do this, I tried once and it didn't seem to work) or find it on the web again, as I deleted the torrent file.

You'll have to re-download the .torrent file. If given a choice on where to "save" the files inside the torrent, you'll have to point to the directory which already have the file. uTorrent will then conduct a re-check of the files. If all the files match, you should have 100% after everything checks out.

If you are not given this choice, stop the torrent, then go to Advanced, set download location, point the torrent to your download directory, then click start. uTorrent will check to see all the files matches. If uTorrent just starts downloading again, click stop, and make sure you selected the right download location...

Archived