BEncode Editor

Ultima

I have another request. There are times I find myself working on multiple files, and when I bring up the edit item dialog, it always appears in the middle of the screen, could the dialog appear over the main window instead?

Also, when a list is added, and a binary string added to it, the number of items in the list doesn't appear until the tree view is reloaded.

Choosing better initial positions for the dialogs has actually been on my todo list for a while. I just never got around to it.

As for the list thing... can you clarify? I've made at least one fix to text issues in the past week:

* Fix: Sub-item count not displayed for dictionaries/lists added to a list

But I'm not sure if it's relevant.

I'm still holding off on a release because the accelerator tables thing still isn't well polished from the AutoIt side of things.

Yeah I reported a similar problem before, and updated to the latest afterwards. Right now I have an announce-list, I added a list to that, then I added two binary strings. It didn't show a "2" on the list with the binary strings. It appears after reloading the view.

Right... That's the exact bug I fixed. It has nothing to do with binary strings -- all you have to do is try to add a dictionary or a list as a child to another list, and you'll immediately notice that there is no "[0]" in the item label.

Well, I made sure I was up to date and it still doesn't work.

bugop6.th.png

The item count is updated for the list that I put another list in, but when I put stuff in the new list it doesn't show the items count till I reload.

And regarding jewelisheavens post, I'd like the reload button to reload the file too if it's alright :).

I'm still holding off on a release because the accelerator tables thing still isn't well polished from the AutoIt side of things.

So naturally, the build you have won't contain the fix.

@jewelisheaven: I don't recall you proposing any change to the reload and/or titlebar behavior, nor can I see any such proposal... Care to clarify?

The bug I reported with the titlebar... indeed suggesting the proposed change is new. Previously I asked for titlebar to be updated when the opened file changes. If that won't be done, then changing the reload button would work just as nicely if the "current loaded file" is reloaded when you click it. Currently reload and the titlebar work for the new altered file. If one of those changes function the other is correct.

Ultima, first off, thank you for a great tool = "BEncode Editor", I have been able to SWAG myself to change certain fields in the resume.dat file.

I have followed this whole thread with extreme interest and have found that I certainly lack a lot when it comes to the internals of the resume.dat file, most posters seem to understand it quite clearly.

The closest I've come to is a post by TwoD http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=181858#p181858 (post #7), where he partially describes the structure of the file.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction to study it further?

Thanks!

Almost forgot!

WAG is bad, SWAG is good -> Wild Ass Guess vs. Scientific Wild Ass Guess ;)

...and BTW, does BEncode try to get in touch with 96.6.120.9?

Address lookup

canonical name a96-6-120-9.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com.

it got intercepted by ZoneAlarm.

Cheers!

...and BTW, does BEncode try to get in touch with 96.6.120.9?

Address lookup

canonical name a96-6-120-9.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com.

it got intercepted by ZoneAlarm.

Absolutely not :o It doesn't contain any functionality that would cause it to connect to the Internet, and I have absolutely no intention of adding any such feature (whatever it may be).

Edumacated guesses would be all I could offer you... if I had any on hand :P I don't bother digging through resume.dat all that often, so I never really familiarized myself with the various keys.

Most of the keys are named in an explicit manner, though, so they're often easy to figure out.

it may sound nerdy! but thanks again.

Absolutely not yikes It doesn't contain any functionality that would cause it to connect to the Internet, and I have absolutely no intention of adding any such feature (whatever it may be).

Good news, bad news :( now I'll have to check for rootkits on my machine because something must have injected the process into BEncode to attempt the contact.

Cheers!

As I said previously, if you edit the file and save as a new name, or delete things from the file to export it to a new filename, the OLD filename is referenced in the titlebar but the RELOAD button reloads the new altered file. I previously asked for the titlebar to be updated when saving a file, but you can change one of the features for consistency. It doesn't have to be the titlebar if you make the reload button work correctly for the ORIGINAL opened file.

Again, I need a step-by-step procedure, as I can't reproduce the problem. What have I tried?

1) Open a file

2) Delete a key

3) File > Save As

4) Select a different filename

5) The title updates correctly

Edit: If stripping unwanted data out and resaving the data as a new file was what you were referring to when you said "export" earlier... well, don't mix terms :| There's an export feature in the menus that I thought you were referring to.

No, I was using export from the menu.

OK, how about this, forget about the title bar. Apparently I was using an old v.5 :D

Could you make it so the reload button goes through the logic (check if file has changed since last save; if yes, popup dialog do you wish to save?; if no, reload file from titlebar)

Currently all it does is refresh the treeview, reading nothing from file... presumably it would redo, bdecode.. yes?

All it does is reload the treeview -- it doesn't even reload the file from disk.

You presume too much :) Think of the reload as a browser reload -- it reloads data from the cache (in this case, from memory). I suppose I could make it so that holding Ctrl while reloading reloads from disk (while going through all that jazz). I'll see.

;) It's not the first time, heh. I decided to thoroughly test in the current .51 to be sure I was right in my usage, (which is helped by your offset with the blank line between files) and found the titlebar to be moot :D

Thanks for putting it on the ponder list. What's the reason you're re-pondering accelerator tables?

This. Now that it's implemented natively in AutoIt, it's at least as responsive as the old global hotkey "hack" that I've been using. There is just a minor issue remaining that I've already informed the devs of. They're not sure what to do about it, but I'm hoping they fix it.

I'm not really sure what you mean by moot -- do you mean you don't care about the titlebar anymore, or that there wasn't really an issue to begin with?

:D Gotta love coder love.

Edit: CHEAP! You guys don't show posts as being edited.

Well the titlebar isn't as important if reload is made so that it reads the file from disk IMO. The titlebar is where the cognitive dissonance lies, but only because the reload does not work as expected. If this is expected, and works for you I won't argue ;) Never mess with a coder when he has your data by the balls :P

The problem is, after all this time, I'm still very unclear about what your expectations are. That step-by-step procedure that I asked for (and additionally, some your expected results and actual results)... I'm still waiting for it :) I want to evaluate whether it's an oversight and/or bad design on my part.

The edit thing... yeah, but if the edit I make is something that really makes a difference, I do make the edit known (both timestamp-wise, and with some kind of tagging, like "Edit").

Hi! In order to keep track on which of my torrents are still worthwhile to upload, I have the following task: say, every morning I want to nullify 'uploaded' amount for each torrent. To achieve that, I use your Editor, open resume.dat, for each torrent go to uploaded (i)= XXXXX and change it to uploaded (i)= 0. Still quite a tedious job to do... Is there a way I could do it with 'Replace' dialog box? If not currently, please consider it as a feature request for the future. Many thanks for your great software!

Nope, no way to do so, though I've considered it before (allowing filtering of keys). Seemed to me like a real pain to implement (and it still seems that way to me right now). I'll stick this on my "possible todo" list again, though.

My idea about the find/replace with specific keys... something like KEY|VALUE perhaps? so in find you have use_utp|1 and replace you put use_utp|0 or use_utp|* or something to delete the key?

I wish to request for the find/replace dialog and one clicks "replace all" perhaps a counter to keep track how many edits were done in that batch mode?

I will update with my exact process for editing but like I said it was my misconception previously ;) The offset with the blank line in the logger area made this clear.

Archived