BEncode Editor

Ultima

Methinks you replied to my unedited post in that first line or two :P I realized I had incorrectly remembered the question you asked when I was replying (I thought you asked *who* I got such data/numbers from).

I never tested it in Wine, no. Someone reported the problem to me on IRC, and I simply rebuilt the executable using the older compiler on a hunch, which turned out to work. Does v0.7.0.0 not work with Wine either? Or is it v0.6.1.0 only that's problematic?

http://ultima.utorrent.googlepages.com/BEncodeEditorv0.7.0.0wip2.zip

http://sites.google.com/site/ultimasites/files/bencode-editor.0700u_wip2.zip?attredirects=0

Switched back to the new compiler for now (which partly explains the larger size). Implemented Ctrl+A stuff in dialogs for all input fields. Re-added commandline loading. And some other stuff.

At this point, commandline options are looking less and less likely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the magic word - BUG REPORT! :P

My torrent jobs are missing from BEncode. Its there in the resume.dat, they work in uT, but BEncode doesn't list them.

And I absolutely can't move all those torrents by hand.

So considering that a fix is bound to take quite a while, might as well be easier to point me to a description of the file format.

P.S. Damnation to all hex editors - I have a few and none of them do regexes. Neither do any of the ones I found so far. Pls fix quick :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

What a GREAT tool :)

Well done, great job.

(I have a seedbox, and it is really time/bandwidth consuming to dowload the files on my PC then create a new torrent based on same infos but with some files less. If I could just edit the existing torrent to remove the uncessery files it would be great !)

If I delete one ITEM, does the hash will be recalculated based on remaining items ?

If I delete an ITEM (in Info/Files), say the second one, do I have to change something else in the torrent to have it working (of course I also delete this file in my seedbox) ?

Thanks for your answer

Depends on what you remove. If you change anything in the info dictionary, then yes, the infohash will change. If you're planning on removing a file from the files list in the info dictionary... well, don't. That'll mess the entire torrent up, as the pieces key will no longer match the data correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Great editor Ultima!!. I have one problem though I can't figure out.

I have .torrent file I downloaded from another site and wanted to remove some of the contents and save it so I can upload it to another site. I obviously can't make a new torrent file because I'm using a seedbox. Anyways, upon deleting the files from root-->info--->files, I loaded the .torrent file and checking status stays at 0%. Anyone know why?

Archived