Downloading at max speed without any torrents active

humphrey

Hi, I've been using utorrent for a while without any problems. However, utorrent has started downloading at the maximum speed my connection will allow even if there are not any torrents in the queue.

I had about 1 gb of downloads in my queue the other night. However, utorrent downloaded 5 gb... so now I am over my download quota and have been slowed down to dial-up speed.

Any idea how I can get utorrent to stop downloading, even if there isn't any torrents active?

Humphrey

Are you sure it didn't seed the extra 4GB? Usually when it's done downloading it'll seed until the ratio reaches 200% (default).

BTW I too hate those monthly bandwidth caps. My ISP charges me for the extra bandwidth though :(. Funny thing is they never credit you or roll over your unused bandwidth. >.>

Yes, I'm sure that it wasn't seeding, as I checked my download usage recorded by my isp... and it said 5gb download, and 100mb upload.

Also, I did check the "All" category...

Yeah, monthly caps a bad. I like the fact that I don't get charged extra, but it's annoying slow! :-P

did you check the log .. pieces being redownloaded due to hashfails ?

stuff like that can happen if the uploader changes the file in some way after creating the .torrent .. even something small like adding a dot in the .nfo will result in hashfails and redownloading that piece over and over again

Archived