Utorrent Downloading at max speed without any torrents in queue

humphrey

Hi, I've been using utorrent for a while without any problems. However, utorrent has started downloading at the maximum speed my connection will allow even if there are not any torrents in the queue.

I had about 1 gb of downloads in my queue the other night. However, utorrent downloaded 5 gb... so now I am over my download quota and have been slowed down to dial-up speed.

Any idea how I can get utorrent to stop downloading, even if there isn't any torrents active?

Humphrey

Your ISP probably counts upload against your max quota...in which case you really can't do much at all each month. :(

Barring that, did you set lower limits for µTorrent to prevent such quick overruns?

Did you disable the extra features which also use bandwidth, such as DHT, Resolve IPs, and Local Peer Discovery?

Cheers... I have now disabled those features. I don't seem to be having the problem anymore. But it's hard to tell since I'm on dialup speeds until the end of the month :-P

Btw, it wasn't upload quota, cause I checked my isp's usage page which breaks it down to download/upload. It was a wierd problem, because even when I had my download limit set to 50kb/s it was still downloading at 150kb/s.

But it seems to work now. I just hope it doesn't do it again :-D

Archived