utorrent is killing my whole system!!

lolipedofin

I'm a loyal user of utorrent, and has use utorrent in all my pc and laptop before, this is the first time i encounter such problem....

Let me tell the whole story as detail as i can so people can understand better..

I was already using utorrent in my current PC, and it worked quite well ( i think... i never download to much before). However, I'm using a limited bandwidth from my ISP so my download and upload is limited to 1G a month, meaning i can only barely use a torrent program.

At the end of last month i contacted my ISP and asked them to upgrade my internet connection and i took the unlimited bandwidth one, so now i can practically use utorrent as much as i want.

However, since i upgraded my internet connection to the unlimited one, my computer seems has been hating utorrent so much..! The moment i run the utorrent, my system suddenly start to lag and the whole internet connection (not just for torrent, for the browser too) drops heavily. I was pinging the DNS server, when utorrent is closed, it constantly receiving reply every 40 mS interval but when utorrent is running it drops and goes unstable, the reply received from 1000 mS to 3000 mS and sometimes there even no reply.

I don't understand what the problem is, can anyone help me?? is there any problem with my PC or is it my ISP, or simply the compatibility.

Btw, the speed of my utorrent is averaging at 10 kb/s with 5 active torrent (meaning only 2 kb/s each). Port seems to be ok, and exception at the fire wall is applied and already been encrypted.

What's the measured speed of your connection, both Down AND UP?

(Your ISP may not be giving you what it claims!)

What settings are you using, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

(Speed Guide wants to know your max UPLOAD speed, not download! Plus, there are a lot more settings than just speed shown by that window!)

Have you changed any of µTorrent's advanced settings?

(Some settings changes can crash µTorrent and possibly even your computer as well!)

Have you tried Ultima's Troubleshooting Guide?:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

(LOTS of things to try that may completely fix your problems!)

Extreme settings in µTorrent can cause a crash, but even then it usually requires a weakness in that computer's networking hardware (router, modem, network card) or software (network drivers, software firewall, viruses/trojans).

Archived