Turn off sounds

daveconnell

It's so annoying!!!

I mostly use my pc as a media centre, so when I'm watching films and downloading at the same time I always get this annoying noise from uTorrent.

I have disabled the windows sounds, and it only comes on when I'm using uTorrent.

So, having the option to have no sound effects would be great!!

Single-click, actually :P

It would be nice if the original poster actually told us what sound he was referring to -- description, triggering event, or even sound clip would be nice. Either way, it's almost definitely not coming from µTorrent. The only times I can think of something like this happening is if (1) µTorrent is set to run some application at the finish of the download, and/or (2) the user has balloon notifications turned on, then it'll have that little "blip" sound when the balloon pops up when some download finishes. Regardless, the sounds are external to µTorrent.

• 1 year later...

I think I know what he's talking about. I get it to. Everytime a download is finished a strange drumsolo plays (when the popup balloon shows).

Where do I turn it off? I have looked in the configurations for µtorrent/Utorrent and I can't find anything. Please help.

I have all my windows sounds off and I checked the sound settings to. I guess "System Notification" is the name for the balloon sound. I also checked the default media folder for Windows Vista "C:\Windows\Media" and the sound can't be found there ether.

This is very annoying and strange.

Archived