After a night...

jondevon

Hi there. I have an issue with uTorrent 1.7.5 on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I had 5 torrents open, only one of which that was actually downloading. It was downloading at a very slow speed, so I decided to leave uTorrent open over night. The file I was downloading wasn't even half the size of my system RAM, so I don't think it was a memory leak issue like I've seen discussed here. I have a very quick computer and uTorrent doesn't pose any problems during regular use (with me doing other things whilst downloading). I also have an older XP machine and uTorrent has never been a problem with it. That's why I was surprised when I ran into this problem. I decided to leave my Vista computer downloading an 800MB file overnight, with about 5KB/sec trickling in. When I got on it the following day, I found that it took Vista a couple of minutes to get past the login screen and then for explorer to start responding. The hard drive was working when the computer was hanging, and so was the mouse. But windows was basically frozen until a few minutes went by. Is this a possible memory leak? Has anyone had the same issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Pardon me for asking, but..... Hijack....what?

I'm kidding. I meant to say that I have heard of the program and have had about 5 minutes of experience with it, but I have to learn more about the program (Hijackthis) before I start posting logs.

If it's any consolation, I think I still have the problem even without uTorrent running, so it may not be the program at all. I'm still investigating (it takes overnight for each test...lol) and I'll post back again soon. I did not mean to sling any mud over uTorrent's name! If I do find out it's uTorrent, I'll post a log.

HijackThis! is probably the most common troubleshooting tool atm for spyware, viruses, bad drivers, and 'unknown' computer problems. But it can reveal stuff on your computer you might not want to post here...like everything your computer is running at the moment, as well as some minor OS information.

You can do the research yourself...but watch out because some viruses and spyware use common filenames to hide their real purpose. So just because you find a "explorer.exe" file...doesn't mean it's Microsoft's!

Archived