best among torrent

Spawn64BT

Among torrent client software which of them is the best client software of course dont be bias. I use µTorrent now for 4 days i think and its doing good. But sometime i dint see µTorrent in my task bar even i put them in my start-up list. It needs to restart my PC to show the µTorrent in my taskbar.

It's a bug report and a chat question in one post:

1. Bug report: µTorrent is not displayed in the taskbar or systray upon Windows startup if the autostart function is enabled.

2. Chat question: Which of all bittorrent clients do you think is the best one? Don't be bias.

To the first one: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=1912

To the second one: µTorrent without any biasing.

1: Do you see µTorrent in the taskmanager? Do your windos event-logs tell anyhing?

2: It depends on what you seek in terms of functionality. For plain pure downloading/uploading torrents, µTorrent is about the best or will be in the near future. But some people still prefer Azureus for its functionality and plugins, or even BitComet to evade ISP traffic shaping.

its pretty obvious that azureus is the best bittorrent client around just by the absolutely huge userbase. the fact that its so portable due to it using the java runtime means that no other torrent client can really challenge it (yes it does use quite alot of memory but in this day and age 80MB of memory is pretty insignificant, i use over 256MB for each of my Virtual machines)

saying that i still use µTorrent because its conveniant being a single.exe, can even use it on my XPE cd :D although when i have a torrent with few peers i will load up azureus because imo the mainline dht is just plain crap compared to the azureus version.

its pretty obvious that azureus is the best bittorrent client around just by the absolutely huge userbase.

I wouldn't say the best overall, but yes, it is the best with regard to features. However just because YOU use 250MB each for your virtual machines (I think it's safe to say a minority of people use virtual machines) and have a lot of RAM doesn't mean everybody does. Also 80MB of memory is basically the amount of memory Azureus uses while doing nothing..

imo the mainline dht is just plain crap compared to the azureus version.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that's just because the Azureus version has more users.

The Azureus DHT implementation is better (and more efficient) than the mainline one.

Anyway, Azureus' CPU is also significantly higher. It's slow at parsing torrents, slow at parsing file lists, slow at loading torrents, slow at loading, extremely slow at hash checking, slow at... well, you get the picture.

It ain't just the JVM, it's all the garbage it has too.

chaosblade, that's why I said best feature-wise. I admit that its resource management sucks which is why I'm now a µT convert. :D

The Azureus DHT implementation is better (and more efficient) than the mainline one.

Ahh, okay, didn't know that. I thought they way they worked was almost identical in concept, just incompatible. :| Thanks for the info.

Maybe µT could implement Azureus's version?

it seems that azureus might be implementing the mainline dht, god knows why. Bram should just admit that the azureus version is better and make it the standard, after all azureus came out with it first, bram merely tried to make something like it but unforunately didnt do a very good job.

its pretty obvious that azureus is the best bittorrent client around just by the absolutely huge userbase.

I wouldn't say it was obvious, no way does a huge userbase show which is the best client, as a case in point, Windows has a huge userbase.

The growth in numbers of users and reputation of uTorrent in just a couple of months is astonishing and far outstrips the growth of Az after a couple of years, I would even have a guess and say Az's userbase if not shrinking, is questioning the necessity of a Bittorrent client to reduce their Pentium PC's to 486's.

Their are quite a few defectors here.

i can see ur point of view about the popularity making it best, but the fact that it can be run on OS other than windows just gives it a huge edge over any other client. it might not be the best client for windows OS but in terms of overall the best client avaialble would still be azureus.

Thanks for all the infos and it helps me a lot. But i think µTorrent should put a torrent file search. Like in the limewire. all you have to do is type the filename or keyword then it searches on the people who has this file.

But this µTorrent is very good in downloading. Thanks again guys.

Archived