Scheduler - drag and drop to create a rectangle

splintax

As it stands, you have to drag the mouse over every single square to set it to limited or off.

I think that dragging the mouse should draw a rectangle, this is intuitive and also a lot faster. I doubt that many people schedule on certain hours of certain days, most people just have a big block (I think you'll find 90% of people using this feature have it limited or turned off all day during 'day time', every day).

Of course, anyone wanting high level of customization on their schedule would still be able to do this easily, it would just take slightly longer in some cases. But for the majority it would be much easier.

Heh. Actually I was pleased with the scheduler and I think it's a good thing for a lot of people with download limits (cos a lot of people with them can't get rid of them in their country; and often you get unlimited downloads through the night but can't be arsed staying up late enough to actually start the download)...

hey the scheduler, is one of the best little additions to this client. it works 100% spot on, and its a great little tool for when you are away from ur pc. i hope it stays.

Splint your suggestion could be good, but honestly how often do you change your schedual?

i don't change mine at all.

churchi: I don't change it very often, well I turn it on or off often (I usually have it off and only turn it on when I'm running close to my daytime limit), but I just think that the schedule is initially confusing for newbie users and it'd just be better to have it done the 'standard' way..

That is more customizable as far as alllowing you to set multiple schedules (and D/U limits). But I still think the people that need that level of customization are by far in the minority, and that µT does not need such advanced customization (unless it's simple to add).

DomZ: I don't see how this makes the UI more cluttered. It looks exactly the same, except you can select time blocks in which to limit or stop downloads much faster.

churchi: I don't think this is really a good idea. 1 hour blocks should be big enough for most people; and smaller ones would make the boxes too small and difficult to deal with :P The advanced customizability most people want is multiple schedules - as it stands you can only have the scheduler set to limited or off - some people want eg. 30KB/s on Monday from 1 - 5pm and 10KB/s on Tuesday between the same times or something. This is not possible at the moment with µT's scheduler.

• 1 month later...

I would like to suggest a different approach... Selecting the whole rows/colums... For example whenever you click the 'Mon' text the whole row would change appropriately... Some text above the colums should be added so it would be possible to change the colums with it too...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived