Move files when seeding is finished.

minesadab

I'd really like to see this feature implemented, but i have a slightly different way of doing it.

Having three folders (Downloading, Seeding, Finished) would be fine with me, but you could also have two folders (Downloading/Seeding and Finished). For this you just need to give this option:

[]Move completed downloads to: []Only move when Finished (brackets are a check box)

Another option would be wheter or not finished torrents are removed from ut. Personally I would like to keep them there until I remove them.

To distinguish between downloads and seeds, you can enable Append .!ut to incomplete files in Other options.

For clarification, Seeding means a complete download that is still uploading and Finished means your seeding priority has been met by means of ratio or seeding time. I would like to see more advanced seeding options like Azureus so that files will continue seeding past ratio if peers are high or seeds are low, but thats another thread.

mrhogan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really REALLY need something like this. I have n default folder set to download things in... and as my other request implies, I have a MASSIVE list of things being downloaded/torrented at all times. Anything to help clean up the UI in uTorrent and help me finalize files would be awesome.

A downloading/finished/finished seeding setup would save me a LOT of work. I don't think just deleting the torrents would be acceptable though, I think having them be listed in red font or somet on the very bottom of the torrent list would be nice, and it would stay down there no matter how you sorted it (although within the "finished seeding" list they would sort among themselves).

You have no clue how much time this would save me. I'm all for it!

It really is a major pain to go find the finished files in my downloaded folder and move it out, then find the torrent in uTorrent and delete it. It doesn't sound like much, but when you are dealing with hundreds of files a week, it becomes a major hassle.

a huge +infinity for this, but as described by mofat in this thread:

a better idea would be to have an option in the right click menu to delete+move the files. so for example you could sort them by status, multi-select and delete+move as needed.

you have a folder of stuff, is it safe to archive? if you're lucky, the folder name matches the name in µTorrent and you can just sort by name and find it. however i often rename folders to something more 'useful' ('new folder (2)' doesn't tell me much). so it can be a real pain to find the matching entry in µTorrent and check what its status is.

It would just be SO much easier to select all the torrents you are done with and say 'Delete and -> move files to finished dir'.

Take care of everything in one fell swoop without switching back and forth and trying to individually find/manage each torrent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

+1 here too.

Here I also have utorrent running on a server and it's set so it autoloads everything from a specific folder, which is a shared network folder. Once completed it goes into yet another directory, but I dont know if its done seeding. I usually extract it over network to my storage server and once the extraction is done I create a new folder in the torrent folder called "READY TO DELETE". I then browse thru the folder and delete the ones ready to delete once ut's done seeding.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also vote on this as a useful feature. Right now the only thing preventing me from having a completely automated torrent download, sorting and storing system is that I can't tell (automatically) when a torrent have finished seeding. As it is I need to manually go onto the server and clean out old completed seeds.

However, instead of (or in addition to) such a feature a much more flexible solution would be a facility for calling external scripts on certan events. F.ex you might have a hook for calling a script with directory/filename as a parameter when a torrent have finished seeding, completed download or started download. This way we can add much more sophisticated automation without adding significant complexity to the utorrent program itself.

Just adding the additional directory would probably be useful for those not comfortable with scripting though.

well... they already implemented some feature "move files" when finished BUT... it does not work all the time... some torrents just do not move...

PLUS... i think if you enable seed torrents until ( 150% ratio or smth else ) it does not consider the torrents finished... well it SHOULD... it should move them and seed them from the "completed" folder

I also want this feature.

It could be like this: >Preferences >Downloads >Location of Downloaded Files:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[x] When finished seeding, move to:

[ D:\folder ]

[x] Remove from µTorrent [x] Delete Torrent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This feature would sure help me a lot :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !!

Im a new uTorrent user. Coming over from Azureus. Ive been very satisfied with Azureus, but its eating a lot of resources on my server, and is also clogging down my router, which i hope uTorrent will not.. One thing i noticed when setting up uTorrent and configuring the settings was that moving removed torrents was missing.. I was very happy when this was implemented in Azureus, and would like VERY much this to be implemented in uTorrent too.

I see a lot of people here writing complex request on how to fix this, but i think the sollution from Azureus is simple, and understandable for everyone

Move completed files (after download) .... [and a selection for which directory to move to]

Move completed files (when being removed) ... [and a selection for which directory to move to]

Im of course using different disks for all of those on my server to keep the speed to maximum

new torrents are downloaded to C:\torrents

when download completed its moved to : D:\downloads

when seeding is completed its moved to : E:\downloads_removed

(another little tip which has nothing to do with this thread:)

Then i have created shortcuts to several shares on several disks like [specifics removed] and so on, so when i once a while sort the stuff that are in _removed section i mark them and drop/move them onto the shortcut which put the releses in the correct folders without having to browse all over the server to get them to the correct place..

Fungus

EDIT by silverfire: Try reading the announcement at the top sometime.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This would definitely be useful.

I would also like to add one more feature to this. Multiple "finished" folders based on the label.

If I label something "music" it will go in to my "new music" folder when it's done.

Example:

All torrents are saved in to C:\torrents\downloading\ by default.

When they're done uploading they're moved in to c:\utorrent\completed\

If the download is labeled music, it's moved in to d:\music\

If the download is labeled video, it's moved in to d:\video\

If it's labeled chihuahua con queso it's moved in to X:\delicious pita bread\laundry detergent\antonio banderas\shuttlecock illuminator pro\

You get the point, right? :P

Being able to direct completed downloads in to different folders would be extremely nice!

Archived