Move files when seeding is finished.

minesadab

The lack of this feature is the one reason why I am currently thinking of switching back to the slow resource-hog Azureus, which I definitively do not want.

Thanks for a great and efficient program. Pleeease implement this functionality .. it really saves a LOT of work when you generally have 100 or more torrents in your list. I would rate this the _most important_ feature currently on the feature request list.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Count me in for this feature, although not only for auto-stop-seeding torrents, but also for manual remove. I usually leave torrents seeding until there is no one interested on it in a fairly long while (difficult to know ATM with µTorrent) or until I need to free up disk space. Therefore, I tend to remove torrents from seeding manually, but it would be very nice, as many people have stated, to have those torrents on a folder whose contents are perfectly safe to erase without breaking anything.

What solutions? :0

I must say, most (if not all) of airgle's posts made absolutely no sense. I'm borderline suspecting him of posting just for the sake of link advertising (lookie in his signature/profile), my drawing that conclusion probably wouldn't be fair to him... *shrug* Benefit of the doubt? :|

A fresh account registered yesterday, with 5 posts, hm.. "strange" and suspicious.

Well, a little off-topic here :P We have a vacuum-cleaner with this HEPA filter and now my family tries to get rid of it, however, that was flawed by design. The idea/technology to use water is very effective, but WTF am I doing .. I'm not a damned housing agent :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure that this is exactly what was being sought to begin with in this 2-year-old thread...are we basically talking about a way to end up with files organized in some fashion, rather than all piled into one "completed downloads" folder--but while not requiring any gymnastics to keep seeding them? To me this would seem to have been a basic software requirement for torrents to become popular to begin with. Make it simple for users to organize their downloads, while automatically maintaining a "trail" so that seeding may continue from that file without interruption.

I just read through a bunch of threads on this, thinking there had to be a simple obvious feature built in and intended for this that I just hadn't stumbled across. Apparently not?

I did just learn how to reconnect/seed from a torrent I've moved (right-click/ADVANCED/set download location...) [yeah, uh..."download" location? I want to reconnect to be able to /seed/, not download anything...] but that's a pretty goofy, tedious process to expect all users to go through in order to be decent librarians and participants in sharing. To date, I tend to just leave my completed downloads seeding either until I'm out of screen space or sick of seeing them rattling around, hopefully after the ratio hits 1 or more.

Organizing into folders and even RENAMING without getting the "error: files missing..." would be key goals. A season's worth of any episodic show will, in my experience, use many different protocols to name and identify it, and it's annoying not to be able to simply sort that list of shows by title in order to figure out where you'd left off.

Apparently this über-feature has so enermous workhour requirements, that already a team with 300 members are working on the draft of the preamble for the founding document for the comitee that will start recruiting enough HR people so they can in turn hire all the programmers on Earth to construct the most powerful radio transmitter _ever_ to send a signal to outer space, so to ask for help from ET ..

Or this might be in ~1.8 or 1.9 as already said.

jewelisheaven, maybe this seems pointless for you, but 99.999% of the features requested in the forum look worthless for someone.

plus this has some file management functinality, even if you wouldn't use it a lot of people would, just read the topic for possible uses and problems it could solve.

not to mention that the move files when finished downloading is in there since .... umm .. version 0.01 ? ;]

Ultima has already pointed out a feature which provides similar anal-retentive benefits. Noone has commented on that. I did not say pointless, i said "little to no benefit". Tell me what the added value is between distinguishing between "completed" and "stopped". I have alot of stopped torrents currently. Of which probably 2/3 are completed.

For those anal enough to want EVERYTHING in a folder, I'm sure when/if "per label" functionality is added that will suffice. Have you even tried the feature Ultima mentioned.

Just because you think it's a good idea does not mean it is useful. No need to get personal.

Archived