Still error when loading a translation file

Prozac

Hi !

I have just downloaded a template from the first sticy post.

I always get the same error.

Really strange because all the strings included in a .log file exist and they are translated correctly.

I tried to use both 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 beta versions. Always the same result.

---------------------------

µTorrent

There were errors loading the language file. Please see the file utorrent.exe.log in the application directory.

OK

Hi !

Thx guys. Indeed, I had a wrong template and additionally saved file in ASCII encoding. So both reasons.

Now I'm on a right way - I found the newest template :)

By the way, there are so many new versions of uTorrent available and still no language pack. Why ?

it ll be nice to make a language pack firon,for me i dont only translate utorrent,there are 2 more apps that i have translated,at least ludde may contact with translators before release a new version of utorrent and translator can prepare the language files after this ludde may release the utorrent and language pack together

Maybe some kind of autoupdate of langfile could be implemented, translators upload the utorrent.exe.lang.txt (somewhere in µtorrent hosting) and µtorrent checks if there is a file in your language for the version you use (though µtorrent will have to check system default language or language selection option should be changed to work this new way). Doing it manually isn't so bad either.

You know, I'm not a professional programmer. I'm a physician but programming is one of my hobbies. Every day I spend many hours on improving my smaller and larger applications. In my opinion translation is a part of a program. If the author decides to create a support for multilingual interface then he should cooperate with all translators and coordinate the progress of each translation. In my opinion it is a very big treasure and honour for every programmer. Of course it is my private opinion.

Cheers !

Archived