Organizing Torrents - come on!

Still no feature for organizing torrents. I want to be able to see recent downloads. I want to be able to organize them by tracker. But chronological order is the most important. This is the only feature I have been really really waiting for...

Still no feature for organizing torrents. I want to be able to see recent downloads. I want to be able to organize them by tracker. But chronological order is the most important. This is the only feature I have been really really waiting for...

Yes that is one good feature also, even bar between upload and download like azureus is enough for me.

This is a feature I would really like to see, like in Azerus. Very usefull for me who has like 50+ torrents seeding at a time, for different sites and whatnot...

...just two categories, one for downloading and one for seeding might do, but better yet the ability to create custom ones, like in Azerus.

BTW: Keep up the good work, this far I really enjoy your program!

Don't really see a need for all this 'organization' ... the columns are enough to sort by for me

I'd have to agree I don't see need for this feature. Maybe the better ability to que torrents would suit peoples organizational needs better. Meaning that we can move items to the top or bottom of the que depending on our downloading needs.

If features keep getting added next thing you know uTorrent won't be so µ anymore.

Don't really see a need for all this 'organization' ... the columns are enough to sort by for me

[...] Meaning that we can move items to the top or bottom of the que depending on our downloading needs.

[...]

Im not sure if thats what is meant by the thread starter, but I for one sure would like to see that feature! as it is now, you have to either be very careful when adding a bunch of new torrents, or keep manually stopping / starting torrents, if you want to have them done in a certain order (or am I wrong, and just havent found that feature yet? :) )

Yes that is one good feature also, even bar between upload and download like azureus is enough for me.

no no, i love the all the downloads and uploads in one box, i like that.

i just want a colmn that will do chronological order, and maybe a way to sort by tracker. thats all i want.

I am a big fan of revision3 and TWiT, so I constantly seed those torrents. The ability to sort via tracker would be cool.

yes it would be awesome. or at the very least just ability to move torrents up and down when not sorted.

that would help me greatly as i seed for 3 diferent trakcers and i would really like to have an idea what is currently happening in each one, instead of a general overview.

thanks!!!

ps. its my main client so i really hope to see a way to organize torrents in it soon. you made me drop bitcomet for good. :D

What about just the ability to create "folders" in the main torrent list? That way you can organize your torrents by whatever you would like to, and you could expand/collapse each folder in order to keep your screen nice and clean. There could also be an option for default leeching and seeding folders in the *gasp* options window. I think that should pretty much take care of everyones needs, and add something very unique to the app that I have yet to see in other clients.

What about just the ability to create "folders" in the main torrent list? That way you can organize your torrents by whatever you would like to, and you could expand/collapse each folder in order to keep your screen nice and clean. There could also be an option for default leeching and seeding folders in the *gasp* options window. I think that should pretty much take care of everyones needs, and add something very unique to the app that I have yet to see in other clients.

yeah that would be even sweeter.

however even a basic for of organization control would be better then nothing. :)

If you're gonna implement this, please make this optional. I don't prefer categorizing everything I do, and I don't have like 1000 of Torrents downloading at one time to mess up my display. Less categories/folders - less clicking ;).

If you're gonna implement this, please make this optional. I don't prefer categorizing everything I do, and I don't have like 1000 of Torrents downloading at one time to mess up my display. Less categories/folders - less clicking ;).

well it would be nice to just add another tab - with categoty. then you could just leave everything on default. but if you want to can change the category name and then sort by it (alphabetically)

that would be easy to implement and efficient (no different folder to download to or anything). please at least consider this one!.

well it would be nice to just add another tab - with categoty. then you could just leave everything on default. but if you want to can change the category name and then sort by it (alphabetically)

that would be easy to implement and efficient (no different folder to download to or anything). please at least consider this one!.

Thats an excellent idea even though Id prefere if it was like in azerus with different tabs this will do it for me. Its so messy right now with my 140 torrents from different sites :shock:

no no, i love the all the downloads and uploads in one box, i like that.

i just want a colmn that will do chronological order, and maybe a way to sort by tracker. thats all i want.

please!

just listing torrents in chronological order would be great. i get lost sometimes when i have 50 torrents going and it's kinda annoying.

What I would find useful is a change of behavior when sorting the list by their Status...

Right now, from top to bottom, it sorts as: Downloading, Paused, Queued, Queued Seed, Seeding, Stopped, and Errors.

Sorting within each category is done case-insensitive reverse alphabetical(by ascii code)

I would like to see sorting by Status come out with (using "Peering" instead of "Downloading"):

Peering (sorted by longest-peering first, blue down arrow)

Peering-Paused (sorted by longest-paused first, blue pause symbol)

Peering-Queued (sorted by longest-queued first, blue ball)

Seeding (sorted by longest-seeding first, green up arrow)

Seeding-Paused (sorted by longest-paused first, green pause symbol)

Seeding-Queued (sorted by longest-queued first, green ball)

Peering-Stopped (sorted by longest-stopped first, blue square)

Seeding-Stopped (sorted by longest-stopped first, green square)

Errored (sorted by longest-errored first, red ball with white exclamation)

I don't know if 'Checking' is used, but could be a yellow ball while it's doing it)

I doubt this type of scheme will be adopted, but that seems logical to me.

Sorting purely by queue position, oldest queued first, would be good too. In fact, I'd like to do a queue sort more than anything else.

>tosses a couple pennies in the jar<

-- Smoovious

You know Smoovious, Sometime i get tired just from reading your suggestions ;)

I think thats a bit messy, Starting to sort torrents by analayzing every one and checking their times if they are paused, etc.. I think the sorting should be a quick process, and might take a bit of time and resources if done heavily.

Though, It could work aswell if it wasnt slow. I think chronological order should be implemented either way, since its a really basic sort method available in all other clients and is generally useful to alot of people.

• 3 months later...

Archived