upload speed

OSMAN

i love utorrent, i'm using 1.2.3 beta, what should i set my upload speed to?

this is what it says on the webpage of my proverder.

11. What kind of speed can I expect?

The BMI Cheetah High Speed Internet Access service will provide you with up to 3008 kbs downstream and up to 800 kbs upstream. Upstream refers to data from your computer. Downstream refers to data to your computer. For most Surfers, the amount of data upstream is much smaller than the amount downstream. This is why your BMI Cheetah High Speed Internet Access service - with its capacity of 3008 kbs downstream - will let you surf at speeds up to 100 times the speed of a 28 kbs modem.

Of course, the speed performance that you will experience at any time is dependent on other Internet factors such as Web site congestion, especially for those very popular, very busy sites.

i'm using ADSL.

thanx.

What didn't really work out right? Did you set the speedlimit to 75kB/s and received a lower speed than that? If so, check if you have a NAT Error in the statusbar, or if it says Network OK. It it's NAT Error, go to www.portforward.com and follow a guide for portforwarding to get rid of that message and all consequences in speed it brings.

If you don't have a NAT Error, try the torrent in my signature to see if you get good speeds on that. If you do, the other torrent you tried didn't have enough seeds or the seeds were uploading slowly to you.

OSMAN: Are you downloading from a private tracker? Typically private trackers will give you that sort of download speeds, but you'll get low upload speeds. You may want to watch your ratio on that site...

Also, with your "unlimited upload" connection, this just means that you can upload as much as you like in total, not in speed. Your speed limit is set at 100KiB/s max. If your FTP server is uploading at more than 50KiB/s I wouldn't be surprised if this was having a negative effect on your µT uploads.

Archived