Strange connection errors

bennyboy371

I've determined that this problem is entirely uTorrent on my system, but I need some help actually figuring out what to do about it. BitComet works fine, but I'd much prefer to keep my uTorrent handy.

I'm entirely unable to download or upload from certain trackers, such as the Pirate Bay's. I connect to the tracker just fine, it gets a peer/seed count, but never connects to any of them. PeerGuardian isn't blocking it, ZoneAlarm isn't blocking it, I uninstalled both last night to make sure. I made sure to forward the port on my router (although it hasn't been a problem in other trackers) and even disabled the firewall on my router as a test, no results. It says the tracker is working and no error messages show in the logger. I'm confused as to what can be causing this problem. Any help?

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention. I'm using version 1.6.1, but 1.7.5 encounters the same errors on my system.

Nope, I can connect just fine to that. Downloaded half of OOo while typing this. The problem is only present with certain trackers. 1.7.5 was reporting badly to a private tracker so I downgraded to eliminate that problem.

After having downloaded a torrent with BitComet and loading it into uTorrent, I've determined that while I cannot connect to seeds or peers normally, I can seed to peers once the file is downloaded. Strange.

Hmm, guess my system just plain doesn't like uTorrent lately, then.

Edit: Wow, it just started to work again. Strange. Something I must've fought with on the router must've just kicked in... odd considering the problem was with at least 5 trackers. Well, thanks for poking around with this problem of mine, guys. I'm glad I get to stick with uTorrent and don't have to switch.

Archived