Command Line enhancement: Stop a specific torrent

Juggernaut

Hey there.

If the command line could be expanded, so I could via the command prompt stop a torrent it would make my day.

Example for automating with this functionality:

1) I'm downloading stuff.torrent

2) It gets completed, stuff.torrent is moved into done-dir by utorrent, and utorrent starts to seed it.

3) I have a script watching done-dir, extracting the content stuff.torrent-dir (minus .torrent) to a different drive.

4) To delete the archive-files here automatically, I need the torrent to stop seeding. If I could run e.g. utorrent.exe /STOP stuff.torrent, wait for a few seconds to let it settle, and then erase all files except the extracted one, it would solve the problem.

There has been previous posts regarding starting a torrent from web but I didn't know if that topic was suited for this request, I hope it's ok.

Well I have so the files aren't moved when finished (except for the .torrent) so that means that the torrent will stop seeding yes. That was the whole point :P

But I now noticed it worked anyhow. The files aren't locked as with e.g. BitComet så it worked deleting the file even though they were seeding. Although they became marked with an X and stated "The system can't find the specified file"... Which is even better because then I can see in utorrent it has been deleted automatically. So I take my suggestion back, I think it works fine as it is as long as it doesn't lock the files from being deleted when only seeding :).

drpiety,

I have seeded over 2 TiB and have > 2 in ratio so I think you should be more careful judging on something you dont know anything about... On public trackers with no ratio-enforcment I always seed at least 1.0 when I can (I am on public trackers on a microscopic level).

*Edit To clearify, some of us can have a ratio >1.0 even when not dedicated to seeding... If I e.g. seed infinite, this command line enhancement will stop it when I am about to unrar it... It could men I can have 999 in ratio.. It could mean 0.1. The point was the torrent will be wasted anyhow, automatic or manually. I prefer automatic stuff like many others...

I apologize Jugger but you must admit that your post sounded like a "hit and runner". Command line to set global up/down speed would be nice. You could start/stop speedup/slowdown by klicking on a shortcut you make on the desktop. I personally would make myself a macro that would slow down UT while firefox is running.

Archived