mancalledhero

I am using a HP Pavillion dv6408nr laptop

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 GHz

1.470 gb RAM

Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN

Windows Vista Home Premium

Symantic Antivirus 10.2

Windows Firewall

Ok, to start off, I use wireless connection, switching fairly regularly between a Linksys WRK54G and Netgear WGR614v6. I've created the necessary exception in windows firewall to allow utorrent to access the internet. I've tried to portforward for both routers but when I test if port has been forwarded properly, it always fail so I've given up on that. I am still able to download, but I get the yellow icon, no incoming connections, and download speed is fairly pitiful. I am able to upload fully at my capped upload rate though. So I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. Is the problem that I use a wireless connection? Or do I need to portforward my laptop?

• 2 weeks later...

The problem, I thought, was utorrent not recognizing my ports being forwarded, even though they were indeed forwarded. I kept getting no incoming connections. Oddly enough, the problem had nothing to do with my connection or utorrent, something was wrong with my laptop. I was actually able to use torrents initially when I bought the laptop, but somewhere down the line as I kept using it, it stopped working. I guess it must've been when I tried to install some internet security software. Well anyway, long story short, I did a factory settings restore and everything works smoothly now. Hope that helps

Archived