Portable and Mobile uTorrent

GreenMark

My first post on this forum was couple weeks regarding to beable to resume downloading after format/repair computer

the procedure i've learned was to backup the folder uTorrent

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data

I like the clean interface uTorrent offers but not many options to choose, in this day and age, we move around alot, so i'm just want to request if possible in the future uTorrent update allow user to manually located saved torrents.

what i have in mind is, I always download torrents to my external drive, and if its happen to be time to hangout at a friend house, i want to bring my external drive and resume where i left off at this friend house, and maybe watch the movie at his house after it finished.

It would be nice if uTorrent allow to located where to load uTorrent folder contains [ setting.dat , resume.dat, rss.dat, dht.dat ] which uTorrent atomatically created in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data

AND enable to located where saved files was previously save at to continue the download.

thanks you

p.s. if this topic has been discuss before please advice me to original post, this idea came up to me a longtime ago but i never bother to findout. thanks

Archived