DHT Status: Not allowed ???

Stretcho

Hi,

I've been using uTorrent for a couple of months. Any probs I've had before, I've been able to solve through reading the faq's. I've tried that and searching the forums for this problem but can't find an answer.

Anywho...

I've attempted to start a torrent (from slotorrent.net), which should have 44 seeds. However, the file wont start downloading in uTorrent. It says DHT Status: Not allowed and shows 0 seeds and 0 peers. I've tried to check the box in the torrent's properties, but it's disabled (ie wont let me). I've never had this problem before and at the moment I'm downloading other files without any problems. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

I also started having this problem in the past week on one of my downloads. It should have 38 seeds.

I was at 56.4% complete on a torrent from demonoid.com. I shut off my computer and when I started it the next day I also got DHT Status: Not allowed and shows 0 seeds and 0 peers. I've tried to check the box in the torrent's properties, but it's greyed out (ie won't let me). The Peer Exchange box is also greyed out. (I believe they were both checked before when I wasn't having problems.) I've never had this problem before and at the moment I'm downloading and seeding other files without any problems.

Tracker Status says: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Do you have the same message in Tracker Status Stretcho?

I saw a message to wipe out and recreate the settings file in %appdata% in a thread on DHT Not Working. I'm new to utorrent and don't know how to actually *do* that, or if it will work, but it's the only thing I've seen.

I hope someone else can help us both. :-)

That S***S. Is there some way I can still finish the download? Change the tracker or download without a tracker? Other people have the files... I just need I way to find them. And I don't know how to do that. Never mind, I found a new tracker for the torrent. Yay! :-D

Thanks for letting me know. Do you know why demonoid got shut down?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived