Seeding Priority - "Seed While [Default Values]" Question...

Sloshua

I personally don't like to use this, and if for some reason I wanted to, it would be on very few occasions so I could do it on a per torrent basis.

So, if I enter 0 in the "Ratio is: <= " field would it mean Unlimited like in every other field? If not, what is the max value I can use?

Thanks!

I have the same question, I think it would be logical that 0 would have the meaning mean "stop seeding when DL is finished" and perhaps -1 would mean infinite.

From what I understand 0 is infinite i.e. never stop seeding. Strangely enough one can write negative values in the field as well which is treated the same as 0 when I test it (1.2.3 BETA)

[Don't quote posts before yours]

Ok, but this behaviour isn't what I get (1.2.3 B).

Example:

A torrent is seeding with ratio 0.002 (it has finished downloading),

I set: "Seed While <= [0]% or Seeding time is [(Ignore)]" and

"[X] Limit the upload rate to [use 0 to stop the torren] [0] kB/s" in the global "Seeding priority" page, but the torrent keeps on seeding anyhow.

Is the changes only appliable for torrents that is beginning to seed *after* the change is made?

And if the "Limit the upload rate to" must be checked for "Sweed While" to work, shouldn't there be a value sort of -1 for not limiting the upload rate (i.e. use the global upload rate) instead, as well as disabling the "Seed While"-group on the same page if that only works when having this option checked ?

In 1.2.2 it applies to all torrents immediately. Maybe in 1.2.3 0 is not infinite...

And no, you'd just turn off "Limit the upload rate to:" so it wouldn't do anything. It would not get limited or stopped (the global upload rate is not overridden by the seeding priority upload setting)

You'd just have the seeding ETA show up based on the ratio you set.

Firon> Hrm, it seems to work if one do it in a particular order (bug?):

Ex1 (the torrent is never highlighted if that would have anything to do with it):

1) Settings: 0% and 0kB/s [uNCHECKED]

2) Torrent is seeding with ratio <1 with blank ETA

3) I CHECK the global "Limit the upload rate to:"

4) Nothing happens, torrent is continuing seeding with blank ETA

Ex2

1) Settings: 1% and 0kB/s [uNCHECKED]

2) Torrent is seeding with ratio <1 and I see a ETA

3) I CHECK the global "Limit the upload rate to:" AND change to 0%

4) Torrent is stopped

IMHO it's a bit confusing when one is able to change some settings that isn't appliable when one haven't checked the "Limit the upload rate to:".

*Edit typos

Archived