no green icon, tried EVERYTHING, then click here. (vista)

theonlydave

Blessings,

here's the 411 guys, i've been using utorrent for quite some time now. I'm very pleased with the program. But i could never get that green icon which states that i'm receiving incoming connections... till recently that is. i tried everything, from port fowarding to disabling my firewall with no avail. i even got a new Isp with no luck. So i just recenlty bought a new pc... and it had the problem of not connecting to any microsoft websites so i did some research and it turns out my MTU was set to high, so i lowered it and that fixed the access to the microsoft websites AND it seemed to fix my utorrent problem. i was VERY PLEASED to see a green icon at the bottom of my utorrent. i went into the statistics and saw that there were like 2000 incoming conns. so your probably wondering how to do it.. here's the link:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/t1158155937

NOTE: after lowering my MTU utorrent suddenly started showing that lovely green icon, that doesn't mean it'll work for you... i haven't confirmed this at all. i just thought i'de share my findings with others, cause i kno how troublesome it is not to see that lovely green icon. So try it and post if it works for you. AFTER having tried everything else.

SECOND NOTE: i'm not a pc expert, so if any experts notice that this solution is crap please feel free to post that.

THIRD NOTE: I am not running through a router, and i only have windows firewall.

Oh yea almost forgot... i didn't read up on any forums for Utorrent in a while so if anything has already been said i'm sorry to the original author. If this does work for you try post it at as many places as possible so more people can get green, ( and upload more :) )

FORTH NOTE: you have to restart you pc for it to work

FIFTH NOTE: ( sorry i keep forgetting to mention things ) when you follow the link it's usefull to first do the: netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces

to see which internet connection needs to be changed ( multiple connection might need 2 b changed )

What to do step by step:

1-Click start, all programs, accessories

2-Right click command prompt and run as administrator

3-Copy paste this into the command prompt: netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces

4-Copy paste this into the command prompt: netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1400 store=persistent

by the "Local Area Connection" you fill in the connections you got by step 3 ( do this seperatly for each connection)

5- now restart and that should be it. good luck

My system:

Cpu: q6600 B3 revision

Mobo: evga 680i a1

Ram: Corsair Dominator 8500 2GB

Graphics Card: 8800 gts 320mb

sorry if this doesn't come over so clear, if any questions feel free to ask,

Dave

Archived