Doesn't stop seeding even after reaching seeding target

masutrix

Hi, i set my upload goal to 130% and checked the marker from "stop seeding after torrent reaching seeding target" but it keeps seeding (when downloading) I don't no what to do anymore. Ive checked the forum and it seems that i have all the setting right. I'm afraid that my upload ratio gets to high and i'm overseeding because of the rules on my torrent-site's. Is it a bug in 1.7.5. ? What can i do about it ?

Ive already read the faq, still the torrent keeps seeding. With utorrent 1.6 stable it did work fine. it's only utorrent 1.7.5. that doesn't seems to do what it supposes to do !

I must say that it doesn't stop seeding when stil downloading, when the download is 100% the seeding stops because the target is already 130%.

With previous versions of utorrent i didnt have to, when the torrent ratio reaches his target it just stopped uploading regardles if the download was 100% or not.

Im curious to find a solution so it does stop seeding, because im a member of private trackers. They don't like overseeding. Just recently it is a problem.

Really? All I've known them to do is rail against people for leeching. Never knew some of them lean the other way too! ;) I don't exactly get the rationale behind objecting against overseeding though. If you want to restrict people from downloading a file, don't share it in the first place, eh?

Well, I don't think all private trackers are like that. Some trackers have recommendations like that because they realize it's difficult to get a good ratio (it's impossible for everyone to have greater than 1.0 ratio anyway). It sorta balances things out a bit for people having a hard time seeding.

Huh. Still sounds weird to me. If they're so concerned about people not being able to seed, then the easiest way out is to ignore low ratios altogether and not take any punitive action for the same. As for those concerned with maintaining high ratios, who cares why they do it as long as they're contributing to the community (and I'm sure they're the extreme minority)? I guess they balance out the leechers due to their overseeding, not by curtailing it. I'm sure there must be more to it 'cos the way it sounds now, only a moron could have come up with an idea such as this. Guess some research is in order... :)

BTW, is there any use for a private tracker that ignores ratios? Does that even make sense?

Archived